IT'S EDIBLE - random recipe thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any bar-b-q masters out there?

I collect rib and sauce recipes. Titanium has a great one. I just received one from the winning crew from Memphis in May which is a serious rib competition.

I'd be all for sharing some grilling secrets here. Maybe we could get The Don to enlighten us to the rub he uses on his beef tips.

:tailgate:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great rub for beef!

This is used at one of the top rib houses in Texas. Great for tips, short ribs, brisket or beef ribs.

2 teaspoons cornstarch
    2 tablespoons black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon oregano
    4 teaspoons garlic powder
    4 teaspoons onion powder
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
    1 teaspoon cayenne

Great for slow cookers, doesn't contain any salt because salt draws out moisture from meat. salt later on.

Note there is a difference between BBQ and grilling. BBQ means slowwww cooking for a long time with dry heat while grilling is what you would do to a burger or steak.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The cajun grocer eh?

Jeff wore out the show leather getting sponsers just for this thread. :yes:

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True. And I tend to confuse the two.

But in the case of most rib recipes I've worked with, some of the process is done indoors with the final step being on the grill with sauce.

5. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

I'm going to dig through some of the old cook books and dust off a few and post them. The thing about most people who cook here is that they don't tend to follow recipes. It's more or less from memory and one of those what do we have in the freezer kind of things. Can ya'll get live crawfish in TN?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cajun..crawfish..

We can get them but not alive. Some supermarkets and a few international markets have them whole and pre-cooked and wal-mart has 12oz packs of frozen tails for $5.99. The frozen tails work well and each package has about a 1/2 cup of broth in it which is great for etoufee.

The chief complaints of new orleans ex pats up here is that they can't get real andouille and live crawfish.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This is all mouth watering stuff & most English recipes are bland in comparison but we do have a secret weapon that goes well with anything.

[​IMG]

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alright dude..

That's about as popular in southern louisiana as it is in england. Where's the HP sauce man?

http://www.shopenglandonline.com/hpsauce16ox.html

A brit ex pat recommended this to me while at the global market in nashville as he was piling about 10 cans of heinz beans into his cart. 'Jolley good' he said "much like your A-1". Personally i thought it more like heinz 57 and more suitable with pork than beef.

Edit: Oh i forgot, in the tom hanks movie the road to perdition there is a scene where he and his son are in a diner and on the table of all things is a bottle of HP sauce.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

10. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

That is a real shame! I can drive 10 min. from my house and get them straight off the piroux. As far as andouille goes I have a sausage kitchen within walking distance of my house (that's not saying much, sausage kitchens here are like starbucks in big cities, they are on every corner). Every morning when I go outside I can smell them smoking it. Makes me hungry! Now to the 12oz packs of frozen crawfish tail meat. Does it say a product of China on it? If it does you could get yourself killed for buying that stuff around here. What we normally do is have a big party. We invite a bunch of friends over, get about 10lbs of live crawfish per person and have a crawfish boil. Most people can't eat near 10 lbs of crawfish (because all of the other stuff we boil along with the crawfish) so we have alot left over. Well we peel them all and put it in zip top bags (about a pound per bag) and freeze it for later use in etoufee, gumbo, jambalaya, etc. You know what is real funny about that packaged crawfish? When you cook with it most people here can tell that you did.

One thing my uncle from KC does is, about once a year he will come to visit and the second he hits the door he calls the nearest sausage kitchen and places an order. He will give them the week to get it together because he will normally order about 200 lbs of Boudin (both smoked and original), about 100 lbs of sausage and a bunch of tasso. He brings a big ice chest with him and packs everything in ice. I think it last him about a year and when he is about to run out he plans his next trip.:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar