Isaac Bruce... I like Ike!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

Gunny's Sig Creations INC.:lol:

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

A "KVB type" doesn't just happen all the time. KVB was a fluke. Nine times out of ten what'll you'll wind up with is an injured guy who'll spend more time in the doctor's office than on the field. Bruce would be great as long as it's for vet minimum. We wouldn't be signing Bruce for production, we would be signing him for his experience and what he could pass on to our young receivers.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Guys who are hard workers arent flukes, they have been taught since their childhood to work hard and they do.
    As for injury histories, big name FAs, get hurt just as much as little name FAs

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Wyatt was on The Zone yesterday and said a WR was probably among the top priorities for the Titans this free agency. I don't know if I agree with that as I would look LB and S before WR.

As much as I would like the Titans to have a true #1 WR, I think the offense could be very effective if all their WRs stepped it up. Bennett needs someone to help take off the pressure. Calico must contribute. Add to the mix Roby and Williams with a year under their belts and I think we'll see a lot of improvement from that position even with Jones contributing little early in the season.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think missing Jones will hurt us a lot. And himself as well.

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Hey thanks for the offer. I don't think I post enough to justify a cool sig... do I? If you're indeed willing to do the work, I'll give you a challenge... I'd like some old school Oilers like Robert Brazile, George Webster or Ken Burrough in my sig... Some silver and blue helmets! ha ha ha. Good luck finding any useable images of old Dr. Death action.

Oh and yeah, despite all of the posts to the contrary I still feel signing Bruce would be a great idea. The Titans would reap the benefits as soon as they announced the signing. It would give guys like Bennett and Calico a wake up call; a kick in the ***. Those two have to know that what they brought to the field last year just wasn't cutting it. There's nothing like signing a future HOF'er to motivate the troops, and our receivers certainly have to take their game up a level. I think just hoping that this happens as a result of a natural progression in their development is a mistake that this team seems to make tooooooo often. When was the last time one of our draft picks developed into a all pro? I think signing some veteren stars to provide competition and mentoring for our young players is a neccesary evil (if indeed we're trying to develop a young team into a contender). I think if we don't do this we risk the chance of turning in to the Lions... a bunch of rich talented guys with no pride in the uniform they wear, but lots of pride about the balance in their bank account.

Ye Olde School

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

8. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Well free agency starts tonight so we will just have to wait and see what players are available that the Titans can afford. I would love to see them sign a new DB.....

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like the Bruce idea. Yeah he may be old, but a year or two would be all we need out of him to mentor the young WR's. He'd be good opposite Bennett. He did have a down year this past year, but was out the majority of the season with a bad case of turf toe.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hey, welcome to the best MB on the internet.
    I'm Bipolar and I used to be the craziest member of GT.com

:fish:

come back and see us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar