Isaac Bruce... I like Ike!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The release of Isaac Bruce intrigues me. When you hear Bruce’s now former teammates speak of him they always do so in glowing terms. His superior work ethic and willingness to tutor young teammates are often cited. This praise is born out in the success the Rams have often had with their young wideouts. I think Bruce would be an excellent free agent for the Titans to consider signing. Rather than spending free agent dollars on someone with potential (like David Givens for example), I think that money would be more wisely spent on an established pro such as Bruce. I never thought the Titans had any shot of signing a high priced free agent like Reggie Wayne had he become available, but Bruce considering his age and the cash strapped situation many clubs find themselves in this off season, might be a viable option for the Titans.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I like it. September can't come soon enough...

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I dunno
    Bruce is like 33 now

damn '95 was an awesome year for him (119 / 1781 / 13tds)

but I think he's on his last ferry

4. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I agree with Puck... Bruce is old and busted. Just say no.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yeah, he didn't perform particularly well this year, afaik, being overshadowed by all the other receivers in STL.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think Bruce would be a great pick up. A one or two year deal to the vet minimum would be do-able. Even though he didn't light it up last year(mostly due to the emergence of the other "younger" recievers), he's still did better than what our WR corp did last year.

7. When I think of Bruce i think of that TD in the Super Bowl where he burned something like 3 Titans players.
    But I agree with Puck, don't go for him, his best and good years are gone

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Unless we can get him in like an incentive laden contract, I still think he could be a valuable leader for the young recieving corps. If he can stay healthy, he's still got some spark, and this will probably just motivate him even more.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Bruce is over the hill. No point in signing him.
    I know several Rams fans is glad they got rid of him.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The way I see it, the Titans don't need to look at free agents they think can only give them a couple of years. What's the point?

The goal should be a couple of seasons of getting ready for a serious run in '08 and beyond. You do that by getting your current talent as much experience as possible and bringing in guys with long-term upside. I don't think we'll see the Titans sinking any more money on 30+ year old vets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar