Is Whisenhunt the problem?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Lol....you started celebrating too early. As a Titans fan you should know better than that.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

1st, to be clear, I am not a Titan fan, but I did want my team to hire Whisenhunt & draft Zach Mettenberger.

I wouldn't put it past Whisenhunt to drafting Jameis Winston, but I don't know if he'll be willing to do it with a first round pick. The guy is not ready to play NFL ball in 2015. I like his talents, I'll over look the crap, but he's not ready to play in the NFL & as such, I wouldn't spend more on a 2nd for him. He's clutch. He's talented... but he's not ready.

As far as the Warner stuff.... Warner was on his way out of the NFL, after not being able to manage a pretty decent NYGiants' offense. Whizz was able to see that Lienart didn't & wouldn't get it & that Kurt might.

He's also not the first HC to struggle without a true starting QB. But what I saw last night, with Mettenberger, it's only a matter of time before the Titans are on top of the AFC South again.

Last nights loss had nothing to do with failures on the offensive side of the ball. You're young & you're only going to be able to keep that pace up for so long against a veteran team like the Steelers & a bonafide baddass like Dick Lebeau.

That loss is on whoever your DC is & his inability to stop what everyone in the stadium knew was coming. We'll never know, but I bet he got his **** pushed in after the game & he's probably still getting it now. If you see another performance like that.... say week after next, I doubt that guy would be your DC for 2015.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No man, I was drunk before dessert at like 7pm, I wasn't waiting for the Titans to start drinking, I figured we'd get torn up, so to lessen the pain i was like bottoms up!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Could be true, might not be true. But apparently word around the campfire is quite a few players were telling Munch they missed him and wish he was still the coach and that they believed in him. Wasn't sure if it was true, then I see this Munchak quote.

“Everything was good. No one ever wants change. … Leaving was hard, but coming back there’s always pluses to that because you get a chance to see everybody. Maybe sometimes you remember it being better than it really was. Maybe they like me more now because I’m not around anymore, so they feel like ‘Maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy as a coach.’

“I miss the players, because to me that’s what it’s all about.”

If this is true, this is not good.

It's one thing not really be a good coach but have the respect of your players and have them wanting to play and play well for you.

Its another to not be a good coach and have players who don't want to play for you.

This organization might have actually took a step backward.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

What do you mean by run this team into the ground? The team isn't a car.

How would you possibly blame Munch for us doing worse THIS season when he's not even here (and we did much better the year before)? And how would you explain, for example, the WR corp getting worse with the same players, same WR, but a new offense? Is that Munch's fault too?

• Troll Troll x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Dude, I hadn't even thought of it like that but you're totally right.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Winston isn't a mobile QB?

No wonder you want us to draft him. You have no idea who he is.

I was a fan last year, because he is clutch. He also happens to be a total moron that makes Vince Youn look like a genius by comparison.

8. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

....and a tremendous amount of stupidity.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I ask you legitimate questions and you rate my post as a troll?

ROFL!!!!!

I guess that discussion is over;)

10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

LOL!!!!!!! You're trolling dude. I'm good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar