Is tomorrow a must win?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

We have to win to build confidence and with the schedual that we have we'll need all the confidence and team unity we can get, this is a must win for a team this desperately needs to get back on track..a win xcan help pave a new road for the us, a loss will put us right back in construction... This team has to come together as a team and it wont be done with people pointing fingers about who didn't do their job in a loss....
    C'mon Titans let's go!!!!
    (Chow grow some balls and take a few risks...)

2. TitanFanBudMan

TitanFanBudMan Professor

I agree that this one is more important than most. If they lose this one, they have lost 1 of the 4 gamed that they should be favored in, and they probably go 0-6 going into the bye week. If they win this one, anything is possible. Maybe they would have the confidence going into SD to get two...then maybe they could be at least 3-3 going into the bye week and have a shot at a decent season because I think the schedule gets a bit easier after the bye week....but if confidence is already shot....so is the season.

3. tntitan89

tntitan89 Guest

Four of you have said <u>every game</u> is a must win. Can someone explain any way in which that is true? 39 Super Bowls have been won by a team that lost a game that season. Playoff games are must-win, and games late in the season to get into the playoffs are must-win, but the vast majority of other games are not. A single loss early in the NFL season is rarely devastating. I think TitanJeff understands that, and he is asking if this game rises to that high standard. I think it does, but to say every game is a must win doesn't make sense to me.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i'm sorry but every time I play sport I actually believe it is a must win game, whether my team is undefeated or winless.

You go out, you have to win. The goal is to win. Every game is a must win. You give it your all every game, no matter who you are playing.

The couldn't be more simple.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think we're getting a bit off track with the definition of "must-win."

"Must-win" in the sense of "win or your season is over" is one thing. The winning that everyone seems to be describing (you should want to win every game) is just being competive. Of course an athlete wants to win every game. But, losing the opening game of the season does not mean your season is over. It just makes it more difficult.

Therefore, tomorrow's game (while important) is not a "must-win" situation for the Titans. Should they lose, they are still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

I'm done.

You may continue. :winker:

6. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

"Must win" is a term that has been dilluted over the years. Will our season go to pot if we lose this game? No. I believe we have MUCH to gain with a win and the effects of a loss could be felt for a while, but this game does not make or break a season. The season is too long.

Playoffs are a must win. Win or go home, period. A regular season opener does not carry that kind of weight. You can say every game matters, you can channel Herm Edwards and tell me how you play to win the game, but thats just talk. That is just coach speak. Every NFL player will tell you how the game gets faster in the playoffs, BECAUSE it truly is "must win".

However, if we start 0-5, I might change my tone for '07. :)

7. DynamoSupremo

DynamoSupremo F-Back

Moose+Dynamo= same page.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Good post Gunny, I couldn't agree more btw. But tntitan dude, what is the point of playing? To win, you don't play to lose in sports:wink2: Every game is a must win for your team. I am not saying you have to be a perfect 16-0 because sh1t happens but you in your arguement, SB teams will bench their starters and things like that. I want the Titans win EVERY SINGLE GAME, I'm not sure about what you want.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I don't know if it is must win, but it is certainly Must-Play-Well and be emotionally attached to what is happening on the filed. No more of the O trudging onto the field like they would rather be anywhere else, no more D being 11 Armies of 1 out there.

just get on the same page and act like a team. If they do that and lose a well played game then so be it.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Must win, I would settle for must act like you give a S@#$. How about must actually hit the other teams QB, how about must get C. brown to play a whole game. ect. ect. Seriously I would hope they are approaching every game with the mind set of game planning and preparing to do what ever it took to win. I haven't seen that in 2+ years here and in fact sometimes last season the players and even the coaches seemed to mail it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar