Is this the final time we see Alterraun Verner as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Since we don't have a QB taking up 20mil a year, we might as well spend it on guys until we find that QB IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

with what I think our D may be like next year, I think Verner could have a better year than he did last year. A Charles Tillman mixed with Haden type of corner. Verner has a nose for the ball.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Yea If he wants 8 or less I'd sign him back with the cap increasing and us cutting others. You're right we don't have a QB taking high numbers yet.

6. Fishman35

Fishman35 Starter

I think with Pollard getting resigned, you bring Verner back and dump Michael Griffin. He has one or two good games, then he sniffs glue, gets drunk, or something and lets recievers get way behind him. Don't get me wrong, when he is on, he is on. But too inconsistent IMHO. Dump CJ, Wimbley, and Griffin. That will clear more than enough.

We sreriously need linebackers!!!

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You wont find a bigger Griffin critic than me, but if we're being honest about him, he didnt have but one bad game in 2013 vs Indy

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I wonder what Vern means when he says we've already done some things that will make it hard to keep him. I thought resigning Pollard was the biggest thing we've done and that deal is cheap as hell.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Interesting that Verner says

"It is not like I want the Titans to spend all of their salary cap just to keep me," Verner told the paper. "It is not like I need $10 [million] or I need $11 [million], or I need to be one of the top five highest-paid corners in the league. I want them to be able to sign other guys to help the team."

"But I also want to feel respected, and the way Tennessee has operated and the way they have paid veteran players, they have set the tempo on how they value players. So if they don't offer me something that shows they value me, I feel like it is a slap in my face."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10549742/alterraun-verner-give-tennessee-titans-hometown-discount

So I wonder if they can work out a deal that will be cap friendly?

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

We can hope ^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar