Is this the "dismantling of the franchise"?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. a QBs draft value is so over-inflated because there's not enough of them. In a bad QB year, a 3rd round talent will be taken in the top 10, just because of position.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I suppose it'd be easy to say yes at this point in time. But I voted no.

I think Hoge was talking out of his 'you know what' when he made those comments. And I think his stubbornness or pride, however you wanna look at it, led him to stick by it for years and years even as VY was racking up the W's.

It's really unfortunate how things turned out here, both for the Titans and for Vince. Obviously VY brought a lot of this on himself. But I'm not alone in thinking that Fisher never was very willing to give him a completely fair shake.

I just can't blame this all on Vince. Jeff Fisher's teams, for the most part, have always been mediocre regardless of whether or not Vince was the QB. We have a long overdue blow up on the horizon...

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That wasn't for one season.

That was from previous seasons in which Reese restructured the contract to postpone payment and free up cap space.

When paytime came up, they cut him and sent him packing. In any other business that would be called breach of contract and theft. I call that running McNair out of town.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

But the point was that it wasn't Fisher who did it, it was the FO by most of the talk I remember hearing. It's ok that people blame Fisher for on-the-field play, and even the breakdown of VY, it's their opinion, but tacking on contract issues is attributing it wrongly. Fisher didn't run Mcnair out.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I remember when Fisher promised McNair they'd get back to a Superbowl...

The year we traded McNair is the year Fisher should've been fired.

7. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Maybe Hoge knew something about Fisher, not VY.

It doesn't make me happy that Hoge is grinning right now.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The truth is that McNair was no longer playing at a level the deserved that money.

Sure Bus Cook engineered the scene that led to the lockout. It was going to come to a head no matter what but the Titans favourite son was treated with zero respect.

Fisher has a history of broken promises and throwing players out with the trash.

If a player is done then at least have the decency to show them some respect and appreciation when you let them go.

Fisher should go the same way as everyone he's canned. Not on his own terms and without an ounce of respect.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You are correct that Fisher didn't want McNair gone in that sense, but he's part of the management that decided not to bring him back, and then he afterwards dumped the veteran QB, who was supposed to take over while Vince Young was groomed to be the starter. This set back the Titans several years IMO.
    If Young was given a couple of seasons on the bench like Aaron Rodgers, I'm sure the situation today would be much different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar