Is this new Jones news???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I am not a RE-Tread, and I have been a member for about a year now. I do not wish to argue or offend, and i am not trying to argue his guilt or innocence. We are all guilty of breaking the law (even if only minor offences) you know driving when we had to much to drink, speeding, and what not. I can admit that I am guilty even though I have never been proven guilty. So inocent till proven guilty obviosly means in a court of law. Fortunatly he is not there quite yet. I am mearly pointing out the fact that whether he is guilty or inocent is irrelevent. The arguement on this forum tends to be between that, but there is a bigger picture that some are missing. The reality of the situation is he is on the verge of being banned from the nfl and loosing millions. That alone should prove motivation for him to change his behavior, at least modify it some, even for a short term. Ultimatly there are those that are looking to better themselves by bringing him down, but like I said earlier it is up to him to make sure he does not give them the opportunity to do that. If he is not doing illegal things, then his friends are, and if he knows about them then he is an accessory at least. Also the nfl is a buisness, a national and somewhat global business, it doesn't really matter if the courts find him guilty. If the nfl wants to end there tenure with pac and no longer employ him it is their decission to make. He can work at mcdonalds or anywhere else, but if he does not maintain the standard or follow the codes or they just don't want him around anymore that is there decision. It is a privalege to make millions playing a game. and that is life. so to those that want to persecute pac and send him to jail, just wait, it will probably happen, to those that defend his actions wake up, he is not mother terresa. The situation "is what it is", and ultimatly it is up to pac to change it. if he doesn't then thats his bad. you cant fault the cops or the media for acting on or reporting things he has done.:hang:

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Pac keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper this one if the incidents before already haven't might have put him to the point of no return.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do they not have cars in DeKolb?

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You know the police.....they had rather have you on their own territory. They can take him in an interview room and tape the entire line of questioning. If they drive up here, they could only record it on audio. As I said, Pac isn't exactly working right now, he could certainly make the drive down there and clear things up, but then he would have to get his lawyer to go with him, and again, his lawyer may be telling him exactly how to handle it. Just seems right now he should be showing signs of cooperation, even if it is above and beyond the norm. I would think he goes to Atlanta sometime, since he does have a home there. If he has offered to meet when he does go home, I don't quite follow why the police say they can't get together with him.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds to me like the police particularly like the idea of speaking to Pac without his attorney present. It would be foolish for Pac to go "speak" to the police without Arora around. And Arora as an attorney with a schedule there has to be some cooperation with Arora's schedule. And remember- Pac IS NOT a suspect (per the police).

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070713/SPORTS01/707130393/1027

"Jones' Atlanta attorney, Manny Arora, said Wednesday he offered for police to come to Nashville to meet with Jones or to visit him when he was at his Atlanta area home.

They declined, and as far as Arora is concerned, the issue is over."

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pacman needs his own GoTitans section, it would equal the amount of posts in other threads.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All reasonable points. Unfortunately, we've bantered/debated these ad nauseum on this and other "Pac" threads.

I CAN fault individual police and journalists who break protocol/policy or industry standards in dealing with Pac like has been reported. One point I'd like to make is that EVEN IF Pac is on the straight and narrow, dotting every i and crossing every t, it only takes one or two opportunistic police officers or journalists to prevent Pac's "PR image" tide from turning. IMO- that is why it is important to be vigilant about the specifics of these "incidents" and quality of what is being published.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

ya know ..... I like that idea

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Don't be so surprised.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Jones' Atlanta attorney, Manny Arora, said Wednesday he offered for police to come to Nashville to meet with Jones or to visit him when he was at his Atlanta area home

I think we have the crux of the problem. The police want him on their turf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar