Is this new Jones news???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ammotroop, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

I generally take what you have to say with a grain of salt but this "wait till he is found guilty line is really old" it works when arguing if he should be banned from the nfl, but the reality of life is that there are many people that are just bad and have never been "convicted". these people are not good until convicted they are bad and that is what leads to conviction. it is only a matter of time before pac gets what is comming to him. You act as if it is some mass conspericy to "keep pac down". The only person keeping pac down is pac. he is the one who creates these stories by getting himself into situations. I have been to many stripclubs and have never been involved in a shooting incident. If he wasn't involved in any more incidents do you think the cops and journalists could keep him down. what would they write about? I guess they would have to start making stuff up. fortunatly they don't, and they have pac and only pac to thank for that.

you don't want us judging him cause we don't know him, well neither do you. if you want to be a pac backer thats fine, i love him too when hes on the field, but i am not going to justify his off-field actions cause i like watching him play football. Ultimatly there are many others out there waiting to take his place, realistically he could slip and fall and break his neck on a strip-pole and never play another down in the nfl. would that bring about the end of the nfl ( i think not)!!!

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

The tale of the accused....is he sorry he did it or sorry he got caught?

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

[​IMG]

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. There is no conspiracy against Pac. I do believe, however, there are opportunists in the police, the DA office and the media that realize pushing the envelope on Pac affords them a benefit. So, to clarify, I do NOT believe there is some MASTER plan against Pac, but rather a few individuals that do things like a) send citations directly to the media b) send unsigned complaints directly to the media c) go to press with information that was not properly investigated/substantiated and state these erroneous events as fact.

2. That grain of salt must have been in your eye because you are way off regarding my opinion of Pac's innocence and my opinion that probably did knowlingly participate in some of the "incidents" that were reported. And here in the U.S. everybody IS innocent until proven guilty.

3. You are correct that I don't know him personally. I also don't feel compelled to "judge" his innocent or guilt without full knowledge of the details. I recognize the media is not a reliable source of accurate information. I believe everybody is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I try not to judge other people, but I recognize that doing such is a natural human trait and it is ESPECIALLY difficult to avoid in a provocative character like Pac.

Ummm- swapping license plates? Ummm, officer told others he was going to pull him over any chance he gets? Ummm, directly releasing UNSIGNED complaints and traffic citations directly to the media? Ummm, PUBLISHING uncorroborated/unsubstantiated information?

As an aside, lynch mobs, genocide and witch hunts were fueled by emotionally stimulated irrational thought, not by fact. And I fully recognize the emotion that Pacman Jones provokes in many people. And although it is not a perfect system, his guilt or innocence should be determined in a court of law. That is what makes us a civilized society. I realize that the majority of posters want their version of justice for the trangressions they perceive Pacman Jones has committed. If the courts find him guilty those folks can certainly enjoy the punishment at the appropriate time.

Anyway welcome to the board. Hope you are actually new and not some "RE-TREAD" poster that created a new profile.

5. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Check Point

Man, in Louisiana you'll be driving down the highway or down a city street and all of a sudden the traffic will come to a crawl. As you move forward you see State Troopers parked all along the side of the road. When you get up to the front of the line a trooper will come to your window and say these words "I need to see your proof of Insurance." If you don't have it or it is expired you have your plates removed and a big sticker put on you back glass that screams, "I drive without insurance." This is alot better then what they did a few years back which was impound your car and give you a ride to the police station so you can call someone to come pick you up. When you call someone they better have insurance because they will check them also and the two of you could be waiting on a ride. I just posted because I find it interesting how law enforcement in different parts of the country view different traffic violations. Driving in louisiana without insurance = very bad. Just a warning to anyone who might be down this way.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If you want to be so fair to Pac, you also have to be fair to the Officer.
    How do you really know the officer did that? He hasn't been convicted of doing that yet, we just have heresay to the effect.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

You are correct. It is hearsay that officer Hadley made statements that he was going to pull Pac over any chance he got. So we can strike that from the other examples in my post. Fair enough.

But don't misunderstand my other points, Officer Hadley is NOT being charged with a crime so to point out that he is innocent until proven guilty is ridiculous.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Since Pac isn't exactly working right now, you would think he would be as cooperative as possible and try to clear things up. Just one more bad line of publicity. Yes, the cops probably shouldn't be commenting about it, but Pac needs to start putting out all these fires. Maybe he is just hoping it will go away, or his lawyer has advised him not to go out of his way. Who knows anymore.....and it's beginning to seem like who cares.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think he was pointing it out to you....just a guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar