Is there a guy you would move up for in this draft to get?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans2004, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'm not talking about last year. I'm talking about right now. Absolutely no chance he goes for a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd right now. I definitely think the Titans could have got something of significant value for him last year, though I doubt it would have been a first.

You guys can post as many examples of quarterbacks getting traded as you want. It's irrelevant to this discussion and it proves nothing. We can talk about the possibility of the Titans trading CJ this offseason when you can post an example of a running back with a gigantic contract getting traded after posting career lows. It has never happened and it probably never will. There is no market whatsoever for Chris Johnson.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Those are just recent trades that happen at least my statements can be backed by facts. Marshall Faulk stats were not any more impressive than Johnson when he got traded to the Rams for a second, and Johnson had a more impressive career than Faulk did in the first few years and with less injuries. You are no more aware of what happens behind the scenes of the front office than us. Just because Rb trades rarely happen doesn't mean it's not possible. Their are no Rb in this league that are as explosive as Johnson and that is what teams will look at.

3. TorontoTitanFan

Trades that happened a decade ago have no bearing on the game today. The climate is totally different. All the proof you need is staring you right in the face. Impact RBs are never traded anymore.

Sure, it's possible. A lot of things are possible. It's possible for the Titans to trade Lavelle Hawkins for Calvin Johnson.

I just don't think Johnson is seen as explosive anymore. I think he is seen as past his prime and way too expensive. It makes perfect sense for teams to prefer cheaper, younger RBs.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I didn't know 26 was old? What part of this was suppose to be a hypothetical discussion don't you understand. The chances of this happening is very unlikely and probably will never happen. However, doesn't change that fact that it couldn't. You never know what will happen if CJ was put on the trade block.

5. TorontoTitanFan

If your entire argument is that it's very unlikely but still possible, then what is the point of even discussing it?

This whole thing started when another poster said that he guaranteed the Titans could get a 1st for Johnson. I disputed that claim.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If Coples got past 12 or 13 I'd be making a call. If Still slipped past 15 or 16 I'd be making a call. The only other player worth trading up for would be Blackmon and there's no way he gets out of the top 5.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

It is unlikely the Titan organization would do such move yes that is what I mean, but it is very likely if they would than yes they would get a 1st for Chris or the very least a 2nd and a later pick like Faulk did.

8. TorontoTitanFan

I give up. Just go on believing that the Titans could get a 1st for Chris Johnson.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL... no way the Titans could get a 1st for CJ. No. Freaking. Way.

The guy was VERY unimpressive last year and has a RIDICULOUS contract. Not to mention he plays the most easily replaceable position in the entire game. Come on guys.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Last year, CJ would've easily been worth a 1st and probably more... because he didn't have a big contract.

The second he signed that contract, he became worth no more than a 3rd at very best... and more realistically, he's worth a 5th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar