Is Ronde Barber HoF material?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 8, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Maybe not right away but i think down the line he'll get in.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK why he's hanging it up, dude can still get after guys.

I know I'd pick Ronde Barber over Michael Griffin

[​IMG]

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well of course. I said he was great for 10 years and was good for the rest. He was consistently good/great. Never had a bad year. Never hurt.

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He'd be first ballot "Hall of Very good" along with McNair, Wycheck and Bulluck. Unfortunately for the Titans, that doesn't exist.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So then what about the examples I gave? Should Keenan McCardell be in the Hall? He played for 16 seasons and is 26th all-time in receiving yards. Or Mushin Muhammad? 14 seasons and 24th all-time receiving. Vinny Testaverde? 21 years played and 7th all-time passing yards and 10th all-time TDs.

Longevity certainly should be taken into consideration. But another thing to think about is with all the advancements in medicine and therapy over the years it's easier for guys to have longer careers these days. So if we're putting a lot of stock into longevity then the Hall is going to be pretty crowded 20 years down the road.

When I think of modern era HoF'ers I'm thinking Manning, Brady, Moss, Tomlinson. Not Barber, Testaverde, McCardell, Fred Taylor. I just think the Hall should be reserved for those truly transcendent players or at least the ones who were without question the best in the business for many, many years. Was Barber ever even considered the best corner in the league on any given year?

7. JCBRAVE

Yes.

The guy is on the All-Decade team for the 2000's, he's HoF worthy.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, it'll be at least 5 years before we find out. I'm pretty confident he won't be getting in though.

9. JCBRAVE

Well then we need to call him, cause I am certain he'd be an upgrade at at least 2 spots on our team. FS or NB. I dont think he has the speed anymore to hang with the top flight WR's, but he's still more than capable of playing at a high level.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For sure. I'm not doubting the guy's talent one bit. But I'm sure his 38 year old body doesn't feel so hot these days. I bet that's the main reason why he's hanging em up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar