Is Rex Grossman the most successful QB from University of Florida?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Just reading through some of these names...

Jesse Palmer, Kerwin Bell, Rex Grossman, Bob Hewko, Doug Johnson, Kay Stephenson, Eric Kresser, Shane Matthews, John Reaves, Danny Wuerffel, and Steve Spurrier, Leak (Did he even go pro?)

Just trying to figure out if the University of Florida will ever produce a decent NFL quarterback. Arguably, the most successful has been Rex Grossman which is unbelievable considering his stats.

My next question: Tim Tebow? Another Florida QB Bust?

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah, they all pretty much suck

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I miss DoJo.

4. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Leak is in the CFL, he was drafted by the Bears.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think Tebow can be a solid NFL Quarterback from Florida. I know I just invited some criticism onto myself for that, but the guy is 100% committed to what he's doing no matter what. I think if he wanted to be an astronaut, then the dude would be an floating on the moon someday. If he wanted to be an NFL QB which he does, then he will be an NFL QB. I like his play and effort. I think he could even play LB or RB too. And I bet many other football people feel the same. It would be a shame if he became the next Eric Crouch.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He'll need to find someone to break his mechanics down and rebuild him before Florida's Pro Day or he may not go before the third round.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

We know that Jacksonville really wants Tim Tebow... but a friend of mine made a great point about Tim Tebow. What if Tim Tebow was the Tennessee Titans backup QB in 2010. If the Titans committed to building their offense around VY and play it to his strengths, if anything ever happened to VY, such as an injury or whatnot, playing Tebow wouldn't much of a change considering Tebow and VY are basically the same kind of QB. It seems as if everytime Kerry Collins is in the game, we become one dimensional and predictable and this 7-2 run we have been on has been in part to the unpredictability and the ability to stretch the drive whether it be with VY throwin bombs or VY doing it with his legs. Also, KFC isn't getting any younger. Is this silly talk?

8. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Yes it is silly talk ... You can time Tebow's release with a sun dial & he's not as good a runner as Dr Wonderlic

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Erick..can we just get a QB that knows how to play the position for once instead of having to wait and train them? Same thing we've been doing with WRs. We keep drafting potential and having to wait years to see if they finally "get it"..i'm sick of this. If we draft another QB, he better damn well know how to play immediately, and Tebow does not.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

everyone saw in the alabama game this year what happens when tim tebow has to rely on his arm AGAINST GOOD COLLEGE DEFENSES. he's going to be horrible in the nfl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar