Is Rapsheets reliable or a hype man?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, it's all based on statements from Titans sources, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Keith, so I wouldn't read too much into it. The preseason games will be the first time we get a true unbiased indication of how far along he is.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Even then it isn't going to answer many questions.

Week 4ish, week 8ish, and then the end of the season to compare it all.

The only thing I am taking away from training camp, is he puts in time.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nothing I'm hearing is surprising. If you watch Mariota closely in college you saw everything you needed to. Playing under center is hardly a challenge for an athlete like Mariota.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's all hype until about Week 17 2020 when you know what you've got.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

The kid has the smarts and work ethic... I'm not suprised he's quick to pick things up. It was evident in college that he made good decisions with the ball.

The whole "omg he ran this offense in college" thing is overblown in my opinion. He had to learn that offense in college and now he has to learn a new one. All indications are that he's learning and doing well.

On to the REAL test. Live action.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

I agree with @Gunny and @Scarecrow Right now it's all hype until later down this season, maybe even 3 years.

But we will find out very early if he has the what it takes to live up to the hype.

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Anyone who doesn't know in three years, doesn't want to know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

God that last tweet from an anom. player

`we got one`

EXCITING

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I usually give it 3 or 4 years because you have the rookies who can't take it to the next level (like RG3, VY), sophomore slumps who can't recover, potential injuries that could stunt progression, ability for the team to draft around him, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar