Is Pacman the best?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If I had the choice of which of that list I wanted on my team for the next 7 years it would be Pacman assuming he could keep his butt clean off the field. Every one on that list have seen their best days as players. Pacman is as good IMO in man to man coverage as all those guys right now. Teams simply will not throw his way if they are smart. Pac is certainly as good or better than Newman and the only thing Baily has on Pac is size. Adding in Pac's return ability to the mix makes him superior in value. Of course there will be those who will point out a play or two where Pac gave up a pass play but guess what, they all do eventually. barber gave up the big pass play against the Bears which cost the Bucs the game Sunday. However, Pac gives up very few plays of substantial yardage unless there is a scewup in the coerage scheme. Put him man on man with a WR and he usually wins the matchup. He is also getting pretty darn good against the run.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree to a point but Hill has improved in his ball skills area and Hill was a little raw when we drafted him having played in JUCO before coming to Florida. Hill does have good instincts and raw athletic ability and with time could improve his technique to where he gets his head around better. Sticking close to the WR is something Hill is pretty good at.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Hill is supposed to have warts as a7th rounder but if you look at what we have in him he has been as good as Dyson was in his time here and considering what slot we got him I'd say I am more than happy with him to date. Same thing on 31.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didnt mean anything by it. he just mentioned most of mathis' picks came at home and i was just throwing it out there.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Hill just doesn't have any ball skills at all. He's usually around the WR... But when the ball is in the air, he just can't make a play. He's 164th in the NFL in pass deflections. That's crazy...

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

abseloutly correct on Hill, the past two weeks his coverage skills against Andre Johnson and Reggie Williams has been pretty good- he stays with them, but when the ball is thrown in the air he has no idea where it is, which leads to big catches- like the Matt Jones one yesterday, he faces the WR and the ball can be in the air and he has no idea- he doesn't have great ball skills...

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I still think Finnegan should add about 5-10 pounds of muscle and be worked as safety for us next year- he's fit for it. And he played it in high school and college, he is a young ball hawk, very fast, and is not afraid to lay the big hit...

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

By next year a lot of talk will be of Pacman Jones he is a stud. He covers top WR's like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and thats just in our division plus the non-divisional games. Along with his great CB play he is a gamebreaker of a returner is just icing on the cake and he's now making more plays look at the jags game.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Finnegan is also fantastic on ST coverage. How many times has he dropped a punt returner in his tracks or made him fair catch it by being there? He may undo half the mistakes we have made in the previous drafts.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Oh my bad...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar