Is Pacman the best?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Newman, NEVER, I agree with Champ, and with the fact Deangelo Fall is not as good as he once was, i say
    1)Champ Bailey
    2)Rhonde Barber
    3)Chris Mcallister
    4)Ty Law
    5)Pac Man

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

but if you watch the games, whenever he is own their best guy the guy never gets anything, why, because they never throw it in Pac's direction- ask Eli he tried 3 times, twice he was intercepted and one he almost had intercepted...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ty Law isn't even in the top 20 anymore.

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

i disagree, i feel he isnt getting any talk bc of the d hes on, but i still think he could be a solid #1 on almost any team

alot of people felt teh same way when he went to the jetsm and look what he did there

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ask any Jets fan they will tell you Ty Law got most of his INTs last season for them from tipped balls. Not good coverage.

Mark Clayton was wide open last week for his 80 yard touchdown, Ty Law was meant to be covering him.

6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I'd put Newman top 4, but DEFINATELY not over Champ. No one in the league has done enough to unseat Champ as tops in the NFL. Newman does a good job of blanketing his WR, but he can only wish he were half the playmaker that Champ is. Champ has 6 INT's this year and every single one of them have come inside the 3 yard line.

Chris McAlister also has to be back in the discussion. He had a poor year last year, but he has rebounded nicely and is performing at a Pro Bowl level.

The most underrated corner in the NFL, though, is Nnamdi Asomugha. To think we could have had either him OR Rashean Mathis over Woolfolk is a hard pill to swallow.

Pac is on his way if he can keep his head straight though. He's been beat a few times this season, but he's been good. I think he'll only get better and eventually be up there.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Think andre dyson..

That's the level of player i see with pacman but he seems to be getting better each game. Top ten in the afc but not in the whole league. We expect that next year.

I think teams are making a concious effort to not throw his way. And of course how many corners return kicks like he can..

As for ints i think they can be misleading. Pac has as many ints this year as samari rolle has the past 2 seasons.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Champ is a smart corner. He is savy enough to undercut routes and anticipate to get his picks. Pac hasn't reached that level yet. Pac got one pick when the ball bounced off a receiver he was covering, and two from Eli just throwing the ball up and Plaxico giving up on them. He's still a good corner, but I would like to see a few more picks.

9. FBT

FBT Starter

He's possibly a top 10 guy, but I wouldn't categorize him as anywhere near the best. There are quite a few very good CBs just in the AFC alone.

Champ Bailey is probably the most complete CB in the NFL.

Rashean Mathis is tied for the lead with 7 picks this year, and he's playing at a Pro Bowl level right now.

Asante Samuel is having a great year in New England.

Ashmouga out in Oakland is turning into a stud.

Even Kaesviharn in Cincy is having a much better year statistically.

Pacman is showing improvement this year, but he's not among the best even in his own conference at this point.

10. FBT

FBT Starter

Ty Law is nothing near what he once was. Certainly not a top 5, or even top 10 CB. The guy had 9 picks last year and got to the Pro Bowl based on reputation, but he also was the most penalized CB in the league. He can't cover the way he once did. It has nothing to do with the defense he's playing on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar