Is Pacman the best?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SupDawg, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

People aren't avoiding Pac. He might be getting less than the majority of the throws, but that doesn't mean people are so worried about him that they throw to hill. Pac is talented, but no way is he top 3 in the AFC. No way is he better than Bailey. Bailey is the example of a top corner in this league and he still has 6 INTs on the year. Chris McAllister is a great CB, he's got 4, Mathis is a great corner and leads the league in INTs. They aren't the best way to measure a CB, but if you want to be a pro bowler, you get INTs. You also didn't mention the PD stat. I think Pacs a good corner, but he's not a pro bowler this year.

I don't think tackling is his problem. He's made some GREAT tackles this year, and he hits hard. Fisher even pointed out the great technique he used on their last drive on third down to get Johnson out of bounds. I think that's something he's really worked on since last year and it's shown.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

INTs and PDs are not a testament to being one of the best CBs in the league, or else Kerry Rhodes would be top 3. Not a lot of teams throw his way, go look at this year's games. Most of the best WR are put on the other side (see the Houston game, Johnson was on Hill, or vice versa). I remember back to last year where in consecutive games he totally shut out both Boldin (0 catches) and Moss (0 catches)... And he was a rookie. When Marvin beat us on that long TD 2 weeks ago, both Pac and Hope were on the sidelines nursing injuries... Hill was on Marvin, but Wayne didn't do crap against Jones.

Pacman is one of the best cover corners already, and I think he's put all comparisons to Antrel Rolle to rest very quickly... He's already a better corner than Rolle (and I'll admit it, I never thought it would happen)...

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Dude, the Pro Bowl? That's the single biggest joke in the league, don't tell me you measure a CBs talent based on how many Pro Bowls he's been to? Rashean Mathis couldn't hold Pac's jock if he spotted him the joc. Mathis is living large on the Jax front 7. Put Mathis on our D and he looks like #21. McAlister is so overrated. He's an overevaluated version of Duane Starks and Gary Baxter, both CBs who made the Pro Bowl on the Baltimore D but went diddly squat away from it... Now Bailey I won't argue cuz he's a stud, he's a tackling version of Deion. But Pac is so much better than Mathis and McAlister, already...

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

It doesn't stop Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield from doing it, but I agree, that's not a threshold when measuring a CB's importance... or else Deion wouldn't be in the Hall (he's not yet, but I'm sure he will be)

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey were considered elite in their 3rd year, what's stopping us from labelling Pac that now?

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Pac hasent even gave up a TD this year. He stepped up on his tackling.. QB's avoid passing his way most of the time. Hes become a top 10 maybe 5 corner. Hes way better then Antrell Rolle... "the guy everyone said was a better cover corner"

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Hard to have PDs when QBs don't throw your way... Maybe Pac should buy arm extensions to help #21 out?

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thta more ints for LBs, because zone is used to cover the middle range of teh field more than anything else, man coverage makes mismatches and brings Cb pics up if they can find the mismatch

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

aaah, but maybe we can sneak him in as a Special Teamer
    :yes:
    and maybe the AFC coach can toss him out there for a reverse on offense and maybe a blitzing corner in a nickel package

Adam Jones is a weapon
    when his game's on he can reak havoc
    somebody has just got to crack through that skull

I have no doubt that adding a guy like Clements or McAllister will only make Pac better

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I think its a statement that the worst loss of the season was the one game where pac didn't play. You can't bat balls down when they don't attack you. He batted 6 balls down to Champ Baileys 6.. not exactly massive amounts. The titans also don't swap their best CB vs the best WR, they just stick to their sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar