Is Locker done as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Luke Smartwater, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Have we seen the last snap of Jake Locker as a Tennessee Titan?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

31.7%
  2. No

43.9%
  3. He will be around as a Backup QB

24.4%
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

It's not what he's hurt. It's the frequency. I love Jake too but other successful QBs don't miss as much time as Jake does. It's not normal. Hell Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, and Kaep run more than Jake does and I bet they've missed less games due to injury. RG3 had a damn knee reconstruction and while he hasn't been his old self he's missed less time than Locker. I love him but he's earned the injury prone label now.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sad but true.

3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I totally agree. I don't see us drafting a QB early. If we were to draft a QB early, the coming up draft will be the time to do it. Several solid QB's coming out.
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

As others have said, I see us taking a QB in the first or second. After a sham of a QB competion Jake wins the job. He might even look good through the first couple of games but eventually, he gets hurt, the rookie steps in and never looks back ala Tom Brady (not saying he'll be anywhere near as good as Tom).
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Probably end up more like the Jets with Geno and Sanchez, just with less feet.
  6. titanfanatic

titanfanatic Starter

Why is it so hard for Locker or any of these Quarterbacks in this league for that matter to slide especially with some of their history. I just don't get it. I understand its the fight in them and the tough man mentality but what are you proving in all reality? I watched RG3 last Thursday night running around like an a$$h*le dropping his shoulder,completely unnecessary. For what? a yard? Live to play another down. Sometimes it calls for it and i get that. RG3,Newton,Vick,Locker,etc. scrambling is part of their arsenal but half of their injuries could've been avoided by sliding. Every time Locker takes off i hold my breath and swear at the TV like he can hear me in his headset because i know hes not thinking about sliding. Well hopefully he takes a long hard look at his game and realizes that hes not going to last in this league if he continues to play the way he does.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Locker can't slide because of that knee brace. Not that he would have if he didn't have the brace holding him back, but still.
  9. jbrit

jbrit Special Teams Standout

Dude can't catch a break. And now I get to watch Fitzmagic live and in person. I hope Yazoo brings extra kegs to the game.
  10. Dman

Dman Starter

I would take him as a backup, I think it could motivate him and compete. I do like what others have said about drafting a qb and having a competition.