Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Is Locker done as a Titan?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Luke Smartwater, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Have we seen the last snap of Jake Locker as a Tennessee Titan?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2013.
Yes 13 vote(s) 31.7%
No 18 vote(s) 43.9%
He will be around as a Backup QB 10 vote(s) 24.4%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,027
    With all the upheaval in ownership, I think there's a much better chance than most of you guys seem to think there is that the coaching staff and Locker are back in 2014.

I think the team might just sort of view 2013 as a lost year.
  2. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,208

I agree with you on this but at the same time that means we are going nowhere next year either. I don't see locker taking us to the playoffs. Sh** I have only seen locker play 16 games in 3 seasons.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    I don't see any scenario where Locker is released. He'll possibly face an open competition but it would be insane to go into the draft with only Fitz/Rusty.
  3. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,485
    So far Locker has been a bigger bust than Vince Young
    Architect and Dman high five this.
  4. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,208

let me pose this question, if he was released would any other team start him? My answer is IDK and that is a bad sign if u ask me, just sayin
  5. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,027
    Need to clear this up because I've seen a few people say this now.

Locker is under contract in 2014. No option. He is cheap that year.

He does have an option for 2015, but the Titans would have to exercise it by May 3, 2014 and it would pay Locker transition tag money for QBs in 2015. In other words, there is no chance in hell they exercise that option for 2015.

Source
    Scarecrow and TitanJeff high five this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Healthy? I could see 10 teams wanting him. But that's the problem. If he's healthy, he stays a Titan. I think keeping him makes sense. Draft or bring in another QB to compete. Let the chips fall where they may.
    mike75 and Dman high five this.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,208

war of attrition, most underrated aspect in today's game. They can focus on player safety all they want but it is a gladiator sport, got to stay healthy! Even Manning looks injured.
  7. TitansWillWin2 Starter

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $37,485
    Vince has saved the Titans season twice before. Why not make it a third time and bring him in. I guarantee you would get a boost from Britt and CJ.
  8. Luke Smartwater Jedi Master

McNair 2
    Moolah:
    $296
    No, just no.:bs: