Is Jeff Fisher front runner for Coach of the Year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think after tonight the answer is a resounding "YES."

He played the Titans game tonight...went down after an early lead, kept composure, took a big gamble on a 2-point conversion, answered questions about the passing game, and put a dagger in the enemies' heart. All with the Collins over VY decision, the lack of WRs, the emergence of Smash and Dash, the unity of the defense.

I think it's his to lose at this point.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well he is in the discussion that's for sure but there's still 9 more games to go. I think right now it's between Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn, Mike Smith, and maybe Dick Juron.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Mike Smith is the leader right now.

Atlanta were a shambles, he has turned them around in one season which is fairly amazing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with all those guys, but the better, or more dominant, the Titans record is the closer to voting, the better it is for Fisher. Whatever his case is, however strong, I think he cemented it tonight.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

With a rookie QB no less.

However I look at Zorn who looked lost in week 1 has only lost once since. And he's turned Jason Campbell into maybe the best QB in the NFC, at least for this year. But yea Mike Smith is leading now.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And I'm okay with the political nod in this case.:wink2:

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think so, but maybe I'm over-analytical. He took the breath out of the offense tonight and was the reason for our slow start vs the Colts.
    And struggling running/defending the run vs this Colts team isn't a sign of good coaching.

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Seriously gloat? You think Fisher was a problem last night? He was the reason for the struggle running the ball not the eight and nine man fronts they consistently gave us? And we struggled against the run? Their best rusher had only 70 yards and as a team they didn't hit 100. So we gave up a few runs for a stretch in the game, but overall we played the run decently. Come on man, these are the colts and they will get their yards. It was the coaches game plan that allowed us to control the Colts' offense and his willingness to adjust on offense that let us open it up and throw against those 8-9 man fronts. How in the world can you walk away from this game and say that Fisher had a poor coaching performance. He just led this team to the most important win of this season so far . . . some people will never be pleased I guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

It's not just about last night's game. If you look at what happened the first week and up to this point a lot of other coaches would be coaching a 2 and 5 Titan's team with a QB controversy.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I think Jeff Fisher is in the running but Atlanta's coach definitely has to be the front runner. Watch out for Jim Haslett though, if he can make a drastic turn around this year and end up 7-9 then I don't see how he's not in the race too...they're 2-5 right now, if they win over half of their remaining games they'll be 7-9, not too far fetched

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar