Is Jeff Fisher a great Football Coach?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JiminyBillyBob, Mar 4, 2011.

?

What do you think of Jeff Fisher

Poll closed Mar 14, 2011.
  1. He is one of the greatest coaches of his era

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. He is a good coach

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. He is an average head coach

29 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. He just plainly sucks and is way overrated

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. I could not care less, I'm just glad he is gone

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

young started 2 games that were lost before they started winning; they were 0-5

It was likely as well that how the schedule eased up from that point in the season on also had significance.

After starting with 4 out of the 5 teams that were 9 wins or higher on the season (10,14,6,9,12), their remaining 11 games samw them only play 3 teams with 9/10 wins or more (13,12,12)

– [Counting Philly here is debatable, clearly; the nature of that game was pretty much: “We gave their QB a season ending injury early in the game, it was something they were absolutely unready for then, and they folded after that”…in some senses it would be similar to beating Indy after Peyton’s hurt and claiming it a big win over a tough opponent; again, debatable though] -

IF anyone wants to go into averages, that gets to about 8 wins an opponent from there out....realistically, it might show a bit lower in just the wins, and removing the 3 high-end outliers, it becomes about an average per game of 7-win opponents from there on out.

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Actually Vince beat the colts in 2006. Granted he didn't boot the 60 yarder, but he did drive 95 yards before to tie the game up with a td.

If you want to twist it into the schedule was much easier scenario, then of course you will not take into account we kept 2 teams from reaching 9 wins and we beat a division rival we haven't even beaten once in four years.

Do you even remember 2006? We had an absolute lack of talent, everywhere. Reason why we even won any of those games was because Vince came in and inspired that team and you know that.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I remember 2006. VY's feet were something opposing teams had yet to adjust to.
    The old '09 "he inspired everyone else" mantra doesn't apply to why they won some games in 2006.

4. Mr.biggums

Yeah it was thanks to our 31st ranked defense. If you are saying all the comebacks and chest-bumping didn't inspire that team that they could win any game then you really don't know football or just plain hate VY. Its a dead heat right now.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, that explains why I constantly have your number in these responses. :cuckoo:
    Question: Which mattered more in 06 VY's wheels or the so-called "inspired" team?

6. Mr.biggums

Have my number? I don't give out my number to strangers.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

when the hell did I say they didn't beat the Colts in 2006? Re-read my post

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Says who?

In response to your question, I dunno. Both got us to the playoffs.

9. Mr.biggums

No thanks.

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

alright whatever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar