Is Jeff Faine even being considered?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

He was released last week as well. Was that a salary cap move or is the guy washed up?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was with the Bucs wasn't he? (or am I living in a different year). IF so, wasn't cap related. They have (had) tonnes of money.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree we should take a look at him...

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=847258&postcount=24

Yea, he was with the Bucs which does concern me a bit considering they had the most cap room. No harm in bringing him in for a visit though.

It's possible his salary for this season just wasn't worth it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Could he be hurt?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's played in 113 games (all as a starter) over the course of 9 seasons.

That's pretty good. Doesn't seem to have much history of injuries unless I'm missing something.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I would rather just draft a C. I feel like we might be going a little too crazy in free agency (never ever thought I would say that). I just don't want us getting into cap trouble when we have to re-sign players like Verner, McCourty, Cook, and D. Will. If we have the cap room to do all the above then I have no problem with Faine or any other free agent C.

7. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Hes broken. Hes only played 2 full seasons of 9. I would prefer to look at center in round 2. Maybe Ben Jones.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Faine has had injury issues his whole career and he has never lived up to the stud billing he had coming out.

People need to drop this idea of the team drafting a C early in the draft. The writing is on the wall. Just read it. First of all Munch wants a vet. A proven guy who not only has a track record of performance but knows how to make the line calls. Even though Mawea wasn't a power house blocker at his age he was far superior in calling the blocking assignments. We/Munch saw the drop off when we went to Amano (a vet at that point but unproven at C). The team has obvious been looking for a vet C. We looked at Wells and Meyers first and now are exploring the next tier of options including Saturday. Pretty obvious they want a guy who has been in the league a while and will sign one to start.

Also consider that Amano, Harris and even Velasco are all OG/Cs. All can play both spots. But none of them while being decent OGs are adequate Cs. So that isn't to say we couldn't draft a real C but it simply makes more sense to find a vet at a reasonable price and use those earlier draft picks on other positions. We will probably draft an OG who might be able to play C as well but it probably comes in the middle to late rounds as a developmental player. Even so I wouldn't doubt even if the Titans sign a guy like Jackson or Koppen that in 3-4 years they wouldn't just look for another proven vet again. FA Cs seem to be plentiful and reasonably priced and they are proven. No reason to waste early draft picks on one when you can use that pick at another position of need.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This is bang on.

Konz could start at C for a decade but a starting DT is header to find without breaking the bank.

With so much depth at DT in the 1st Round this draft I really hope that we
    we fill that need.

A great DT makes your DE's play better. An amazing DE wont do anything to improve the DT's you or help stuff the run.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar