Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Is Jake Locker Peyton Manning good?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Wright
    Moolah:
    $6,207
    Well I'd like to add a little something to this idea. The way I see it, all Jake has to do to be Peyton Manning good is to get us a Championship. That's what truly matters most.

Obviously Peyton is in a league of his own along with the all time greats as far as his career resume goes, is a first ballot hall of famer, and is arguably the best QB EVER. So comparing any QB outside of Montana and Marino is laughable. That said, cut JC some slack. This thread is harmless, but yes he does it all for the moolah.
    titan520 and JCBRAVE high five this.
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $10,468
    LOLOLOLOL

no mention of the other guy?
    The Hammer high fives this.
  3. Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Morgan
    Moolah:
    $5,172
    While they may have similar TD:Int ratio's Peyton has over 3 times as many TD's on less then two times the attempts.

Looking at other stats:
    Stats Manning Locker
    Comp % 71.6 61.8
    YPA 8.88 6.89
    TD/PA 11.56% 5.26%

Locker is coming along but he isn't playing anywhere near Manning's level right now. He is however playing at a higher level then Andrew Luck.
    titan520 high fives this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,064
    You would've been better off comparing Jake's first 16 starts to Peyton's first 16 starts:

Peyton Manning (3-13): 326/575, 56.7%, 3739 yards, 6.5 average, 26 TD, 28 INT, 71.2 passer rating

Jake Locker (7-9): 271/466, 58.2%, 3223 yards, 6.9 average, 18 TD, 12 INT, 81.2 passer rating
    acqua7 and titan520 high five this.
  5. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,630
    can I high five this twice.

I bet with rush stats put there itd be even more impressive......hint hint
  6. RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Locker
    Moolah:
    $1,205

I'm as high on Jake as anyone, but Peyton Manning may be the greatest regular season QB of all time. He played the game in a way no one else ever did, the way he was a coach on the field. Players like him are once in a lifetime.
    Dman and Ewker high five this.
  7. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,630
    yes. but you saying heeeeeeeeeelll no he wont ever perform like a top 5 qb were not correct. well actually my bad did you mean top 5 of all time...thatd be more sensible but still nothings told me jake cant be a top 10 even top 5 qb of all time if he stays healthy unfortunately that's a big if but I do look at matt Stafford as hope.
  8. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,513
    You people need to stop acting like Peyton is some untouchable Godly figure, hell Tony freaking Romo has manning beat in yards over their first 100 starts, Tony Romo. You know that guy half of fans compare Jake Locker to, that guy has 27,485 yards to Manning's 26,008 their first 100 games. And Romo didn't even start an NFL game til he was 26, Jake Locker isn't even 26. Just think of how good he could be....
  9. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,026
    not just no but [IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 PSL Owner

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,453

[IMG]