Is it wrong for players (like CJ2K) to hold out?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

"If you think CJ was immoral or wrong for holding out, you're failing to look at the business end of the sport. And if you haven't noticed, with the lockout (over money) and the rule changes to protect players (keep the product healthy), the business end is the end that matters."

And the business end will eventually strangle the playing end if it hasn't already.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

$9.5 billion...that's the revenue number for this year. Sounds like they're doing just fine. Guys are signing $100 million contracts, teams are raking in money hand over fist, and ever NFL team is one of the 50 most valuable teams in the world. Like it or not, it's a business first.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's a business that was really close to shooting itself in it's foot just a month or so ago...

It's an ENTERTAINMENT business. Place the emphasis there. They stop entertaining for their pocket's sake and they'll fall as quick as any other.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Wait, what? Because he wears fitted caps and drives big wheels lol?

I agree with this though, I had no problem him holding out for a new contract, just a problem with him not showing up to training camp. People that say he's "selfish" for even holding out in the first place needs to understand football is a dirty business, period. As Coltkiller put it, you are a product. The second you break your leg and can't contribute on the field, you mean absolutely nothing to them.

And when I say football is a dirty business, it goes back to high school and college. Suddenly rally girls aren't doing your homework anymore, coaches aren't inviting you over for dinner and professors aren't bumping your grades and no more booster gifts.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

CJ deffs isn't thugish....he's retarded but not a thug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar