Is it just me...or could Vince use a QB coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

I can't remember where I saw that several young QBs in years past have had QB coaches work with them in the off-seasons. I think Vince can get a way with his unique throwing motion but I think he needs tons of repetitions with footwork and film study on reading defenses.

The only thing I heard about last year was Vince getting work with the receivers. Its pretty obvious to me that he needs a full time QB coach. I know several teams have QB coaches and a seperate offensive coordinator position. I don't feel Chow was the main problem.

Anyone agree or disagree? Not bashving VY but just think the organization needs to get him help. How many times have you seen VY totally throw off his back foot with no pressure around or totally miss high on wide open receivers. These are things that can be fixed...but only through one-on-one teaching

2. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

QB Coach and cough**Playmaker WR**cough, those would help

3. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

a new offensive coordinator...cough....oh wait, we are getting one :grrhee:

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Hasn't he already got one? Craig Johnson?

5. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

Maybe that's his title...not sure if he should be the one getting fired instead of Chow.

I've noticed at least several times in every game, Vince throws into double coverage. That's not Chow's fault. He also often throws high to wide open WRs...that's not Chow's fault... and also noticed that there is at least 2 throws every game where Vince throws the ball DIRECTLY to an opposing player.

Maybe is miscommunication with the WRs or bad route planning from Chow's offense. I just think Vince should get one of the QB coach gurus out there.

Didn't McNair have his MVP year in Chow's offense? Or was that before Chow?

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Maybe right? Is John Elway available?

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Thats a No, I think his MVP year was with Heimdinger or whatever his name was? This was Chow's first year in the playoffs, he came in the year before we drafted Vince.

8. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

I was looking at Steve McNair's career stats the other day and I was suprised to see that only twice in all his years with the Titans did he have a completion percentage equal to or better than the 62.3 percentage VY had this year. In fact, during the Super Bowl run of 1999, McNair only completed 56.5%.

If VY could just turn around the TD to INT ratio...

9. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

can we please get chad johnson or a proven wr to help our man vy out??

10. bigreese82

bigreese82 Camp Fodder

I haven't looked but I would imagine that VY's YPA was pretty low. Alot of the completion % was due to under 10 yard passes. Was this a product of Chow's system and play calling or was it because of VY just checking down?
    I would also like to see if Volek had a similar YPA and completion % in Chow's offense compared to VY
    That to me would be a real determinant to whether it was VY or Chow's offense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar