is it cause we are a small market team??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by imbread, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imbread

imbread Starter

just wondering why this coaching staff is getting off so easy from the media, soft and easy questions! not one hard question at all, i don't live in Tennessee but here in NJ they would be all over this guy

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there is limited local press and they ALL need access too retain their jobs.

So yes its because Nashville is a small market. On the odd occasion that Boclair would ask a tough question fishface would not answer it anyways and I doubt MM would either

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

National media doesn't care about TN. Look at how often they talk about NYJ and there troubles vs. TN.. it's sad.

So yes, obviously it's because we're a small market team.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

GoT is pretty much right on.

But honestly, I thought they would be tougher on the new coach than they were on Fisher. Fishface was so respected around here (don't know why, but that's beside the point) that it seemed like media tiptoed around so as not to piss him off. I didn't think the new coach would get that kind of royal treatment. Especially a scrub like Munchak. But it is what it is.

Still, I think the "small market" excuse only applies to a certain degree. There are other small markets where coaches and players get ripped much more for being god awful. Maybe it's a "Southern hospitality" thing? I really don't know. But whatever it is, it's a problem that goes deeper than just the media. There's a real lack of accountability and willingness to hold feet to the fire throughout this entire organization, the media, and the fan base.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The Titans are the 1st pro team Nashville has had, and the only one outside of the preds (which most people don't care a ton about) ... our media has no clue what to ask them, or how to deal with an NFL team, even though the Titans have been there for over a decade.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

trade for Tebow, how worse can he really be compared to Hasselbeck

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It may be more regional than market size. Sports fans in the North East are, well, special. :chairwack:

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

GB is also a small market team. Hell, so is New England (Foxboro, MA)....but they win. We were nationally popular when we won. Nobody cares about losers in small markets. Of course the Jets get a ton of press...there's 8 million people in New York.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Hammer

Agreed when it comes to small market teams. No one cares. Two years ago the teams that got the most attention were Minnisota and Dallas. Both were terrible. No one cared much about New Orleans until the Super Bowl.

10. The Hammer

Also, take a look at where ESPN is and where most of their employees come from. They sit between the Boston and New York sports markets. In addition, the place is fully of Syracuse grads. On air and off air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar