Is Faulk correct?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, May 20, 2010.

?
  1. That's a true statement

17 vote(s)
    34.7%
  2. No. That's a false statement

32 vote(s)
    65.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

there is no way CJ holds out for the entire season! he has way to big of an ego to miss an entire year of being in the spotlight and race for mvp!

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He won't hold out for an entire season, because then he wouldn't get credit towards free agency for this year. He's required to report by week 10 to get credit for the season. I don't think that there's any realistic chance that he'll hold out that long.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

First, in the Steelers game, we never got the ball in OT. Second, that three and out at the end of the game was from our 4 yard line!

The "he had a chance to win it and didn't" way of looking at this is incredibly faulty. Everyone has multiple chances like that almost every game and fails. Someone drops a pass, someone turns it over, someone gets tackled or doesn't get out of bounds. As I said, I'll give you the Texans game, because of that fumble, even though that's a pretty freak occurrance, and he played a good game overall.

The Jets game, similar thing. Yes, he had the ball late in the game. However, we would have been in that position with a lead had it not been for our terrible special teams and defense. 3rd and 23 isn't a great position from which to judge someone "losing" a game. You can only make a miraculous comeback there, because the odds are already stacked against you.

Yeah, he played terribly against the Jags, Colts, and Pats. Then again, so did our entire team.

I'm totally fine with the claim that Collins played badly last season. It's ridiculous to say that he cost us three games.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I get what you're saying, completely. You and I are just going to have to agree to disagree though. Because, IMO, his poor play cost us three games. But hey, that's just me.

I remember only highlights from the Texans game (CJ, the fight, Harper sucking a fat one, and Kerry fumbling). I remember almost nothing from the Jets game other than the final score and how Mouton blew it big time. I remember maybe a few plays from the Jags and Colts game. From the Pats game to the rest of the season, I remember everything.

So when you point to stuff like "starting from the 4 in OT" or "3rd and 23" I really don't know what you're talking about. I remember none of that. Not my fault though. I've forgotten a large portion of 2009 in general.

I'm just a bit fuzzy with the first 5 games because I was too busy overdosing on meds. :hyper:

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not like Vince has ever thrown an INT or fumbled. He's the greatest player in the history of football.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

but he has never lost to the texans!!!!!

7. RavensShallBurn

Did I say he wouldn't throw an INT or fumble? Everyone does every now and then, but Kerry threw 8 picks and fumbled 3 time in 6 games. That's horrible anyway you look at it. Vince would have done better than that. Hell, who wouldn't have? (rhetorical question... obviously guys like Jamarcus Russell would not do better than Kerry)

As I said before, VY would have pulled out a W against both the Texans and Jets.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You THINK VY would have pulled out a win. No way to KNOW..

9. RavensShallBurn

Yes. Let's leave it like that. This is all opinionated anyways.

10. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Hate. Hate. Hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar