Is Eddie George a Hall of Fame RB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it is a simple question...yes or no

no

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

[​IMG]

Wrong!

There is intellegent life in the 11th galaxy on the planet Neptar, which will conquer Earth in the year 5482, utilizing us for slave labor in their Chellonian salt mines. Issue number 5: what number am I thinking of? Pat Buchanan!

3. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

you dont always need a rocket science answer for a simple question, common sense..

here you might like this better.

No, Eddie George is not a Hall Of Fame Running Back.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff...

Your post was not very friendly toward jeff fisher. Didn't use neal enough and ruined eddie by running him over 400 times. Absolutely!

Going into 2000 eddie was a back with 4 seasons of heavy workload under his belt. Common sense tells us that any decent backup could have given us 3.55 yards a carry down the stretch. Why run him into the ground? Then to make matters worse we had steve mcnair but maybe didn't use him to the fullest of his abilities.

This bone headed approach was used in the playoff against the ravens when we ran the ball off tackle on a 3rd and goal at the 4 against the best run defense of all time.

Then there is the fact that there was no attempt what so ever to bring in additional talent at RB. Talent that was sorely needed in 2001 when eddie was a cripple but still playing and getting 20 carries per anyway.:rolleyes:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress..

If eddie is voted into the hall i'll be the first to congradulate him and will be proud to see him there as a titan. I just don't see it happening. There are so many other backs at a similar level or even more qualified than eddie who played in the same era.

Dillon-barber-watters. Just to name three. I disagree with soxcats that watters is more qualified but he is equal..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Eddie's problem..

Eddie is elgible in 2009 right? When eddie played his last game in 2004 he was something like 15th all time in rushing yards and 32nd in total scrimmage yards. Since that time he has already been passed up by a few people. Tomlinson-barber-dillion in total yardage and dillion and barber in rushing. Edge james is about to pass him in rushing yards and surely alexander and tomlison will pass him in a year or two.

There are several other backs who could pass him someday still playing. Aman green 8400 yards, jamal lewis 7800 yards. fred taylor and warrick dunn are just 1000 yards away.

See my point? There are simply too many good backs who will have superior or similar qualifications. We know that faulk, martin and bettis are in and some think that terrell davis should be there. There are only 18 backs in the hall in the 60+ year history of the league. Simply not enough room for eddie to make it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know if he's officially retired yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar