Is Cook a difference maker?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by From-the-stands, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If it's a jumbo package, I would assume (in ideal conditions) that the lone WR would be Britt?
    That would be a formidable package there.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i would run singleback all day with 2wr 2TE.
    Have (eventually):
    britt/washington out wide
    cook
    Hall or Scaife (even lendale, he can leadblock) switch as the 2nd TE/Hback.

Then you can go I, offset, pro set, 3 wide, singleback with cj, empty with a TE, empty with 2 TE, spread with lendale/hall... i could go all day here. if we ever learned/ran the hurry-up teams would freak out.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He has good speed for a WR. For a TE his size, he has AMAZING speed.

He's physically and athletically like Lebron James in pads, but maybe faster. How we got this guy in the 3rd is a mystery to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I think it's a mystery to everyone at this point.
    IMO, he was the bargain of the entire draft.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't see other teams panicking or designing special packages for Cook.
    He's not much bigger than other big WR's in the league so most teams won't have a problem putting a CB on him if he's out wide. The only thing I could see is teams checking to zone coverage if it otherwise would mean a slower LB had to man cover him. Hardly something defences lose sleep over.

He can still be a great playmaker, but the concept of huge mismatches or "freebies" is, imo, overstated.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You don't see any teams designing special packages for Cook because he has yet to play a freakin snap in the NFL.

And yes there are other WRs as tall as him, but arguably one of the best TEs in the league, Gates, is an inch shorter than him. Defenses usually have to account for Gates.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

A sound defence accounts for all players on offence.

Again, if you think we will automatically overwhelm opposing teams just by moving Cook around, you're setting yourself up for a disapointment. The same goes for Chris Johnson btw.

8. Wait... how many NFL WRs are 6-5 and 245 pounds again?

No one is saying that teams will go crazy over this, just that he'll put defenses at a matchup disadvantage. LBs don't have his speed. CBs won't match his size.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Not at all. We won't overwhelm any defense with just Cook or just CJ. We are going to overwhelm them with CJ, Cook (if he plays), Washington, Scaife, Gage, White, a brutal O line and a OB with a razor sharp arm. Haha.

10. TylerTitan1281

TylerTitan1281 Camp Fodder

Having Cook on the field will definitely create some mismatches. Defenses won't be able to stack to box as much as they would like to and it will create a lot of man to man coverage on the outside...things will open up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar