Is Collins setting the bar to High for VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Collins has done a great job this year protecting the football and not turning it over and managing the game. we are gonna expect this type of play from now on.... but will VY be able to do what Collins is doing? or has Collins set the bar to high for VY's return?

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

No because they are two totally different qbs. Collins is a qb who's not going to do a whole lot for you but he won't cost you. VY is a qb who will make plays for you and occasionally turn it over due to him being so young. There are not any qbs in the league who are asked to make plays and don't turn the ball over. Although he will have more turnovers he will also have a higher completion percentage, more tds, more yards, and a higher qb rating.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm pretty sure VY can do what KC is doing. They're also 2 totally different QB's because of how they play. KC is a game manager while VY is a play maker. Even though KC isn't turning the ball over much it's not like he's putting up pro-bowl stats.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's not like Collins is out there tearing it up. If Vince can't match the level of production that we are getting from Collins right now (I would even spot Vince a few bad throws in exchange for a few big runs), then he will never be a starter in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. DJB

DJB Starter

I think Collins is setting the bar slightly above average for an NFL QB

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

IDK.. I believe KFC has been extremely lucky this season.. I can clearly remember 4-5 passes he made during the last 2 games which should have been intercepted but weren't.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Last time I checked, Collins has 3 TDs and 3 INTs so far this season and I think he has yet to throw over 200 yards in a game. I just don't see how this is setting the bar too high... in fact, this is how you set the bar really low.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We really can't know how good Collins would be if turned loose. For all we know, he could put up 300 yards a game if he was QB of the Saints.

And I hope we never have to know because it'll mean the Titans are ahead or close in every game they play.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If Young can make big plays with his feet AND his arm then I can excuse a few turnovers. Right now Young makes some big plays with his feet and none with his arm with too many turnovers so he's far from where I would want him at. He needs to make big plays with as few turnovers as possible. Will Young be able to do that? I have my doubts.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The bar has been set so low by Collins I fully expect Grossman to trip on it this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar