Is Coach Fisher Gone After The Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Dude you said before you don't like drafting O-Line because they aren't exciting so I assume that you don't watch them, and as for Brandon Jones, him not getting the ball is because of a rookie QB.

2. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Norm Chow is going to FSU next year. (Just a rumor on the local J-Ville talk radio.) But it makes sense he can pick apart college defenses and the nfl is too complex for a gimmicky offense (The Run N Shoot worked great except the run part didnt hold up its end with the lack of a TE in the passing or running game.) Chows offense isn't horrible but this isn't college where you can throw a 3yard screen to a playmaker and watch him rattle off 30 yards every other time he touches the ball, every one is fast in the NFL. As far as JS goes he should have been fired a long time ago. Funny how in the offseason people like Salisbury say his name comes up for vacant HC spots, HOW!?!? Either way they need to bring in an offense/defense coach who has NFL experience and maybe with more cap space equals a better D-line and secondary, as the offense shows flashes of brillance at times and the running game is getting off the ground week after week.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well the 49ers OC last season had them ranked last and he is the head coach of the Packers.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brandon jones...

I think 75% of his poor production is attributed to the poor QB production this season and the fact that we are down the row in passing yards and comps but 25% has to be on him.

He has appeared in all 9 games. 4 of them as our #3 guy and three as a starter. He should have 4 or 5 more catches than he does. After bennett the WR catches are spread out and nobody has decent stats but we need more from jones than 12 catches in 9 games.

All our Wr combined are averaging just 7.8 grabs a game so there is not a lot to go around. Even last year we averaged 9.3 comps a game to the Wr and that with the TEs catching so many balls.

We are not completing even 14 passes a game. There is not enough balls to go around..

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's truly amazing how long crap coaches can sustain a career in the nfl. Look at our old OC shmuck Kevin Gilbride. He's stunk everywhere he's had a job but he had a Schwartz like reputation for being some kind of guru. The Chargers were dumb enough to make him head coach for 2 years & its been downhill for him ever since. The sad thing is he still working with the Giants.

Someone will eventually step up & offer Schwartz a HC job & when it happens it will be joyous to watch him screw up someone else's team.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

My take on Chow is this. He can gameplan pretty well before the game, but he has no ability to adjust to what the defense is doing. I think they are also trying to limit how much Vince throws, because you know the more a rookie puts the ball up, the more chances for an interception. It's hard to judge just how good Chow is, but McNair and Volek had a hard time with his system, then McNair comes in here and throws for 327 yards with another team. We have not had a decent screen play work this year, either with a back or WR. Something isn't right.

7. cause our blocking...?

8. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

I hope fish stays and Schwarzie leaves the planet...

9. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

Chow is not the issue................Fisher is. He tells all the coaches on Monday how he wants to attack and they all come up with ideas..........they game plan on a scheme and implement it on Wed.............Chow can free lance totally on gameday as can JS...............Fisher has his hands on it as well.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yall want a really scary thought? Fisher leaves and Jimmy Schwartz gets the head coach job HERE. :whoop:

I'd like to see Fisher and Chow stay. I want Chow back just because I don't want to have to push the reset button on Vince. I say give him one more chance, for Young's sake. The only time I ever want to see Jimmy again is if he's standing outside the stadium selling tickets.

As for Floyd Reese, I don't know. The 03 and 04 drafts were pretty bad. The '05 and '06 drafts were pretty good, I thought. VY, LW, M. Roos, D. Stewart, C. Finnegan, B. Jones, P. Jones, R. Hill. That's 7 starters and 1 guy who will eventually start in two years. Not too bad. And our free agent pick-ups were pretty good this year, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar