Is Coach Fisher Gone After The Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FLTitansfan, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

After marked improvement over the last several weeks and the offense starting to regain an identity. Do you think the Titans keep Fish? I think they will I don't buy those stupid rumors of him going to Dallas. I think the two coordinators might be gone but I think Bud will keep his guys around Jeff and Floyd although change is good, especially for an organization that appears to have been a little stagnant as of late. But anyways for a perfect example as to why to hang on to Fish, see Bill Cowher.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I think he finishes his contract. We are showing progress in places. With a large cap next year to supplement places we are weak, he could have a playoff run. If he doesn't, then he is gone.

3. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

No, I don't think Fisher is gone. As a matter of fact I think Floyd Reese is gone. I think Bud Adams will give Fisher the GM/HC title and say run with it, but if he doesn't show a 8-8 record or better then he's gone.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Unless Jim Schwartz is shown the door IMMEDIATELY at the end of this season, then I could care less

think about this :

keeping Fisher = keeping Scwartz
    firing Fisher = new coach / new system (vertical attack?) / new drafting

I'm ready for a change

we just do not have the players capable of making chicken salad out of Jeff's chicken S**T. all I heard when Norm came on board was "ADJUSTMENT" that hasn't happened... on either side of the ball.

Unless Jeff makes DRASTIC changes TODAY (for example - Schwartz / Thompson / Hill , etc...) then I would trather have a coach that at least gives a rats @ss about winning football games

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it'll come down to how we end the season. I think if we have at least one more blowout, and end with four or less wins, he's gone and we clean house. If we get 5 wins or more, and keep all the games relatively close, he stays.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

No.
    He stays.
    I heard the other day that Floyd is in the last year of his contract (no options on it like Fisher's). I didn't know this was his last year. I have felt he would be gone after this season. This only makes me feel that even more so now.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

i think he stays.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

My position is that I would like him to stay but am convinced that he's gone no and if or buts about it. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new gm either. I like Fisher. He's ok in my book but what people say, and have been for a while, about his coordinators and what not... loose grip on the team... it might be bs but it makes the Jerry Jones payday look real good if you know what I'm saying. For all we know Jeff may think Bud is a real pain in the neck to work with. Maybe he's just been waiting to break one off in Bud for something he let slip at the Tennesse Football, Inc. Christmas party three years ago. I don't know. All I've got is a feeling. It's not More Than A Feeling...When I hear that old song they used to play
    (More than a feeling) Till I see Mary Ann walk away

Close my eyes and slip away :sleepy:

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Floyd is gone no doubt vis-a vis 2003 draft class. '04,'05 not much better.

Fish stays through his contract. 40mill can buy a big patch. IMO, he has regained control of this team. I'm 50/50 if Schwartz is gonna be here- I believe he should be gone ASAP, I'm not convinced Fish will pull the trigger on him though. I think Chow is going back to NCAA in February which will solve that problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar