Is anyone worried about facing another 3-4 defense with Denver?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Orton doesn't suck but Denver aren't the best. We are better than them.

They have no run game.

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

What I'm interested to see is whether Denver can stop our rushing attack considering the colts didn't exactly test them in that area a whole lot.

3 - 4 = -1

4 - 3 = +1

we have the mathmatical edge! :bliss:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big difference between an injured and aging Brian Dawkins and Troy Palamalu.

Denver has one good pass rusher from the outside(Ayers) while the Steelers have 2 outstanding pass rushers from the outside. Woodley and Harrison might be the 2 best pass rushing OLBs in the whole league.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Note that the way Denver uses the 3-4 it often has the look of a 4-3. The only real difference is Ayers standing up like a linebacker with 3 down linemen and 2 backers behind them. In other words they rarely used 5 men at the line but that is understandable based on who they played last Sunday. That's the only time i saw that defense.

My guess is that they use 5 men up front and rush at least 5 all the time often sending an inside backer and using a lineman in zone coverage to confuse Vince.

The way to beat that down is for Vince to run effectively for a couple of first downs.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

*Sigh*

After their 6-0 start Orton had a 12:11 TD:INT ratio. He sucks. Why are people seriously defending this guy? He couldn't beat out Rex Grossman for a starting job OR Brian Griese for a backup job. Yea, I'm sure he's really good. Whatever you'll see on Sunday.

6. Hard Hitter 53

Hard Hitter 53 Camp Fodder

Ortons stats..... don't win games. Last year when they started 6-0 he went 9-1 in TD/INT, Denver has to throw the ball because that is the only offense they have.

Broncos record 1-2

Broncos have no running game, their defense is below average.

It will be a close game, but I think the Titans take care of business.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans got this. The Broncos defense isn't like the Steelers.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

With all this technical talk for defensive looks, I for one am glad we have maybe the best QB in the league at picking apart all sorts of different defenses. No defender salivates when our QB steps onto the field.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qqp0bsesSEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qqp0bsesSEw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Orton is SO good that Denver traded back into the first round to draft a QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar