Is anyone else getting the sinking feeling that the Titans are going to suck in 2007?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 8, 2007.

?

Is the Titanic going to hit the iceberg?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2007.
  1. looks like it

20.6%
  2. no way

41.2%
  3. unsure / too soon to tell

38.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

he does worship bennett.. but i don't remember him dogging VY.

I'm not doubting what you said, i am however providing my opinion on his previous posts which i had read. Ofcourse i haven't read each and every post TNThunder made, but the ones i did read have caused me to conclude that.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Yeah, while we're at it, he hates Bulluck, thinks he's the worst LB on our roster. He makes no sense at all, therefore I added him to my ignore list a while back and I don't sit here and steam anymore while reading his posts. To me, he has 0 credibility.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thats a little harsh..

He's not really a bad guy.. He's simply over-opinionated stray from the herd.
    I remember the bulluck comment.. now that wasen't so wise.

:grrhee:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

look at the Head Coach
    then onto his coordinators
    wait for it .......

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Ball hits a receivers hands he should catch it. It's not on the QB.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

i agree and have never argued otherwise..

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have been summoned to clear up some statements. No problem. First, I don't "dog" VY, he has some unusual talents, but passing is not one of them. This is why I believe we let Drew and Wade go. I look for more stuff to the TE's and RB's this year. Scaife has proven himself, and if Troupe will just break out, then Hartsock come around, we will be fine. Lendale and Ahmad have great speed and quickness, so I see us using all of them in our passing game. The interior people that have to cover them, LB's, etc, will be pressured as to whether to stay in coverage when Vince runs, or go after him. It's almost like having a passing option team instead of a wishbone. This will help Vince with quicker releases too, and he wont have to read zones or man to man as much. Fisher is building an offense around what Vince does best. I really don't have concerns in that area. Now on to defense.

Bulluck is not the linebacker he once was, and even bringing in a stud RDE is not going to mask that. He's a real favorite around here, but sometimes you have to take off the rose colored glasses and face facts. If you want to go to the SuperBowl, you better find someone that can plug holes. I asked Gut to watch the Giants game, where Bulluck got abused, he has yet to comment. Dallas ate him up too, and several other teams. He is not getting off blocks, nor filling holes. He plays coverage fairly well, but that is about it.

As far as my Drew "worship", that has been blown out too. Drew is just a decent receiver in the #2 slot, but was asked to be a #1. I proved many times he had no more drops than any other receiver out there, in fact percentage wise less than Wade, but got tired of all the bashing of him. The real problem last year was VY, and few are brave enough to admit it. He is such a hero to some, that they want to blame anyone else for his shortcomings. VY has some incredible talent and a great attitude, but his passing game is no threat at present. Hopefully over the next few months it will improve. That about sums it up...let the bashing begin.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince ran out of bounds, 3 yards short of the first down marker, on 4th down. If not for the late hit by the Giants, we turn the ball over, and lose the game. What part of that don't you understand?

9. According to an espn anlyst "there were two bad signs -- and two bad signings -- for the Titans on Sunday evening. The Patriots signed the receiver Tennessee really wanted, Donte' Stallworth. The Titans offered him more guaranteed money and more average per year than New England did, but the Patriots got him because they're a better team with a better quarterback right now."

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah I saw that. So much for that "Vince Young magnet"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar