Is anyone else getting the sinking feeling that the Titans are going to suck in 2007?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Mar 8, 2007.

?

Is the Titanic going to hit the iceberg?

Poll closed Apr 7, 2007.
  1. looks like it

20.6%
  2. no way

41.2%
  3. unsure / too soon to tell

38.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

The Pats had one hero on each side: Brady and Bruschi.

We have Vince and Bulluck.

Everything else will fall in. And you're right, chemistry DOES count.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TnThunder made a comment in another post that why should we keep Wade when we can't get the ball to him. I had not thought about it in that way- but that comment makes good sense to me. I am more comfortable that Fisher does have plan- return to Fisherball. Stop the run, control the clock with the run, roll-out if necessary. Like the 99-03 Titans. Good D and let Vince do his thing.

It appears we are going to fortify defense with depth, particularly toward run defense. I know that there is still "run stop" FA value out there right now. I believe Fisher's plan includes that Pac will be on the team.

Thanks for the comment TnThunder.

3. PacNasty

PacNasty Camp Fodder

I voted for yes, just because the loss of Henry gives me a very bad feeling considering I don't think LenDale will be able to carry the load.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with your comment about fisherball, but i don't think that is what he was saying...TNThunder and Ewker don't like Vince, they have no faith in him and they never will. I think that is what he meant...he doesn't think Vince can throw the ball (to anyone).

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The Pats were, and still are, a little more than Brady and Bruschi. Dillon, Seymour, Law, Samuel, Harrison, Vrabel, Colvin, Branch etc etc. Players like that dont just fall in. They draft very well and tend to sign the right free agents at the right time.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I confess I don't know what TNThunder was meaning with his entire post:ha: , but that statement struck me as poignant regarding releasing solid, experienced members of the WR corps. It seems to me to suggest that we will return to the occasional "keep 'em honest" deep ball, pound the rock, and "tuck and run".

Initially, I didn't think Fisherball would ever return as along as Chow is here. Maybe- maybe not. At least I don't feel as despondent regarding the release of guys like Wade and Henry and not signing any experienced-upside FA's.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Puck..

The compensation for turner is a first and a third pick. Still want him?

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

TNThunder does not "dislike" Vince and have "no faith" in him. When did he ever say that? :irked:

He simply voiced his opinion suggesting that the blame be shared equally between Bennett and VY instead of blaming Drew 100% for all the drops.

I'm not saying i agree with him, i'm simply sheding light on what I've comprehended from his arguments.

He might have on occasion suggested on that Drew be better off with a QB with more experience, however that was just in response to all the 'Drew sucks' comments.

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

which i admit to be a great contributor of...

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:huh:

Is there another TNThunder on this board I do not know about? He dogs VY all of the time and overly worships Bennett. As I recall he was "not commited to winning" for not taking a shoulder into a LB, S and CB in the Giants game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar