Is anybody else as geeked about the new Superman movie as I am??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Banshee2, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

did you go in your cape and spiffy red undies?

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

I'll bet he did

3. Ah, no. But oh, if only I still had those Superman Underoos from my childhood... :ha:

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The thing about Superman.....

3801 got it right...it's too easy. There's nothing about him that's engaging....we don't care for him like other heroes because he doesn't have any faults or challenges.
    This is where DC comics failed, and Marvel excelled.
    Batman was very hard to warm up to until this last venture with Christian Bale. Really, who here can relate to a billionaire recluse who can't get over a simple tragedy like a mugging? The original comics, TV shows or Tim Burton movies couldn't portray him as a tortured psychotic vigilante.
    Marvel comic heroes (I've said this before, I'm sure) have major flaws that we can identify with and care about the characters. Spiderman is a high-school dork who is plagued with guilt and hates being a hero; David Banner is always on the run from the military; Daredevil is blind; the X-men can't get along together; Iron Man is an alcoholic, etc, etc...
    Superman was the first big superhero, and the fact is that he's just too dang super.
    The "Smallville" series helped us to identify with him, and that got me fairly engaged with him. I'm not rushing out to the theater, but I hope that the industry has learned this point well enough that a modern writer can keep it interesting. I would have no interest at all if it weren't for the fact that Kevin Spacey is starring as Lex Luther.
    Gene Hackman's Lex Luther was an absolute, godawful turd. There's nothing "evil" about a fat greying guy in a leisure suit walking around calling himself a "criminal mastermind". The fact that that phrase even entered the scrip was repulsive. If it shows up in this new movie, I'm prayin' to J that it's used as an inside joke, much the same way that "I'm the Juggernaut, B***h!" was used in X-3.

Avvie "Peter Parker is just as interesting as Spiderman" Hughes

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

im not too high on superman im more geeked on spiderman 3. the teaser trailer they have up is awesome. Venom , Sandman , Hobgoblin , TBA. Great villans. Hopefully they last one will be Carnage! oooo yeah

6. avvie

Where can i find this Spiderman trailer?

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

8. avvie

I just found it at sonypictures.com (remembered the studio after I posted) Awesome!!

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

only thing that is gonna be weird about this movie is how in gods name is Topher Grace going to play Venom?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who the heck is David Banner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar