Iron Man, 2008

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Yossarian, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhgzIM-9lfA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhgzIM-9lfA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

looks sweet

2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Looking forward to this; I really dug Iron Man as a kid. Robert Downey seems perfect for Tony Stark. Pretty big movie for Jon Favreau; he's kind of an unexpected choice to direct a mega-budget superhero craptacular.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dang, yet another formulaic CGI superhero yawner. Hollywood is full of surprises..:suspect:

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Looks sweet, I think superhero movies tend to work so well because theyre all so different

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I just need to stay away from this thread...

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

It's okay to enjoy cotton candy once in a while.

7. I can only hope it will be as good as Spiderman 1 & 2 or Batman Begins rather than another Fantastic 4 or Hulk...

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:barf:
    Silver Surfer blew also.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Awww come on CC, don't be dismissive of an entire genre. It'd be like me saying horror films are all cheezy, misogynistic, lowest common denominator, teenage schlock.

I can see being a little tired of the hype surrounding these flicks, but to lump them all together is a mistake. Sure when you get hacks like Joel Scumacher, Michael Bey and Brett Ratner directing, it should come as no surprise when a movie is souless, smart alecky tripe (does anyone actually have any real dialogue in the Fantastic Four flicks... it seems like all they do is exchange "witty" quips). When guys like Christopher Nolan, Tim Burton, Sam Raimi, Ang Lee are at the helm; directors who take pride in their craft, I think the parts are all in place for an excellent feature. It certainly doesn't guarentey success, but with these kinds of directors guiding the feature, at least an effort will be made to make a worthy film. Jon Favreau could go either way, he showed promise early in his career, but of late has shown signs of become a studio hack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar