iPhone to Verizon?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by RavensShallBurn, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am going to hold out until the Iphone 5 comes out this summer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just can't do it.

I try not to take newer models into account unless I'm less than a month away... because they're always coming out with new ones. When I'm up for an upgrade two years from now, I'll wait and get the 7!!!

Trust me... if you had my phone you probably would've committed suicide by now. The thing is a disgrace to mankind. Can't take it any longer.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I am on Verizon because the coverage smokes ATT where I live. I've had the blackberry storm. It hangs up all the time and is difficult to text because of the touch-click screen.

I used to be a PC person due to business. Over the past year, I've switched my personal stuff to the Mac OS. Apple OS absolutely SMOKES Windows on performance, ease of multi-media and limited (if any) spy-ware or virus issues. Also, I don't have time to eff with correct directories, permissions etc. Those inconveniences aren't present with Apple versus Windows.

Now that I'm on Apple at home, I'd like to start up with some apps on my smartphone. I can wait for the IPhone 5 if it is indeed coming out in June and somebody believes the differences in the Iphone 4 and 5 are significant enough to wait.

Somebody please let me know about the difference in 4 and 5 quality and the certainty of the June release date.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well...today I broke my iphone...so waiting was not an option. My contract with crappy ATT was up...so I went to Verizon and made the switch. I went from Iphone 3G to Iphone 4. HUGE differences so far. Love the clarity of the screen.

5. RavensShallBurn

Wait... you already got the phone???

You just casually went in and got it?

6. RavensShallBurn

I have no clue on the differences. I'd assume that Verizon will allow you to web-surf and talk on the phone at the same time with iPhone 5... not really a feature I would use, honestly.

Some people are staying with ATT just for that feature.

As far as the release date of the iPhone 5... nothing is set in stone. Apple has been releasing them in the summer around June or July, so that's what everyone's thinking. No guarantee though.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Where I live ATT sucks bad. I have been planning to make the switch, but ya I guess you could say I went in casually and did it.

8. RavensShallBurn

F that.

Those basterds have had my name and number on the waiting list for a month now... I was told I had to order on Feb. 10 and wait for it to be shipped... because they had so many others on waiting lists. I went in last week and they were sold out.

I'm gonna do bad things to my current phone once my iPhone arrives.

ATT is apparently better than Verizon in Texas and New York... from what family have told me. Shocking, really.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Add Florida to that list. I have had zero issues with ATT since I started using them(5 years ago).

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Big titan, not sure where you are in FL. But up here in the panhandle, ATT blows. 3G only in very select areas, where not only is verizons 3g in more places, when I head north through alabama, ATT completely drops off the chart in a lot of places, where Verizon doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar