iPad, iTablet or whatever it shall be called

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

half a million+ drinking the apple cider. not suprised.

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Does anyone really think that they are cool if they take a $500 item and smash it with a bat? That may be one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

That... is actually a commercial for the blender company. Anything to watch an Apple product die. Steve Jobs should take a break from making pointless gadgets and maybe work on an iCure for his cancer... sorry that was bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

More money then sense.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I guess if Dell or HP had thought this up, it would be super-cool in a non-trendy way...

7. I suspect that if Dell or HP had thought this up, it would suck...

Seriously though, do you know why everyone is making a tablet now? Apple. The world's worst kept secret for many months has been that Apple was working on a tablet. Everyone has been trying to beat Apple to the punch. CES was wall to wall tablets.

And I think that when Apple came out with a $500 tablet, after everyone was sure it would be $800-$1000, that sucked the air out of the room. To compete with Apple on price, computer manufacturers are going to have to cut their margins insanely slim. They aren't going to sell a $1000 tablet. Are they going to sell a cheap tablet that isn't powerful enough to run Windows decently? No. I don't think there are enough people all that enthusiastic about a tablet running Android (though I'm sure some will sell). And I seriously doubt Microsoft's still unreleased mobile OS is going to be ready to compete soon.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why do people want a tablet?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Apple needs to figure out a way to take this iPod and give it the ability to do what a Wacom tablet does. My daughter has a Toshiba tablet for school where she can write notes in class and it automatically recognizes her handwriting and converts it. Most of my students swear by Wacom for using with CS4 programs.

10. It's a media consumption device.

Plus, lots of people do little more on a computer than reading email and surfing the web. Throw in music, books, movies, casual gaming, and any variety of other things you can get in apps and you have a device that millions of people would be happy with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar