iPad, iTablet or whatever it shall be called

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prices for new products normally start high and come down over time. It's not just Apple. The iPhone was a big drop that was abnormally because it wasn't originally subsidized by AT&T like other phones.

Plus, the $600 cost of the original phone wasn't too high if people were buying them in droves. Simple supply and demand.

As for the iPad, I won't buy one right away for myself, but then I already have a bunch of computers and an iPhone. But I can see buying one for my 90 year old grandmother who could easily figure out how to use this. She could read books and surf the web on it, but there's no way I could teach her how to use a normal computer.

2. Variable price depending on how much storage space it has and if it has 3G. Anywhere from $499-$829.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So what is it used for?

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The i-pad is a once-a-month app for women....and Peyton Manning...:grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. Everything you can use an iPod Touch for, but with a bigger screen (that sounds pretty simplistic, but what do people use netbooks for?).

And they added ebooks to the iTunes store. And iWork apps for iPad. And there will be all sorts of apps that are designed specifically to take advantage of the 10" screen.

Frankly, I think this is in large part Apple's answer to the netbook. And they will sell tons of the $500 model. But in the long run, this is the start of mainstream touchscreen computers.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Another interesting idea that I just heard: schools will LOVE this. Instead of buying students a laptop, they'll get them a $500 iPad. The software is more locked down than a laptop so schools can have much more control of what students can do with it. And it's cheap (for what schools normally buy students).

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The sad part...

people will actually line up to buy this pointless piece of garbage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I don't see any use for it. Especially since theres no flash for the internet. And not even a camera. lol Pointless device. I do hope erizon can make changes to the iphone before it comes to our carrier. Such as i don't know, flash on the camera. It's 2010 folks.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Guaranteed they're saving the camera for the next version of its not on this one. Flash for iPhone/iPad etc is just an update away. I wouldn't worry about Flash..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar