Interview: Titan Radio's Larry Stone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Over the next few weeks, goTitans.com will interview a number of the media who cover the Tennessee Titans. Our first interview is with Larry Stone, executive producer and gameday host of the Tennessee Titans Radio Network.

What is your opinion of the Titans draft and what role will the top selections play in '09?

If there's anything that's difficult to predict in the NFL, it's the draft. To me, you listen to the coaches.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Good job Jeff

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Larry Stone may be better suited to answer those questions than most of the people on this message board, but I'm not seeing anything new from the interview. I mean we all knew the Titans would try and deflect Haynesworth's colossal contract he wanted and he'd probably be gone. Larry Stone said; "I think the Titans believed that kind of investment at defensive tackle did not fit the strategy they have for building a roster." I think we knew that. I don't know about you guys but I was hoping to learn something new. As for the rest of the interview not so bad, his views weren't too biased so I liked most of it.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Good Interview. Maybe he'll plug the site in the future. I would have asked him which Home matchup intrigues him the most this year. What are yalls thoughts?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He didn't dance around on the VY question. I somewhat anticipated something along the lines of "Vince is working hard but the job is Kerry's to lose", etc.

Reading a bit between the lines, it sounds like he feels Vince needs a strong training camp and preseason just to keep Ramsey from becoming the #2.

6. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

Nice read, thanks.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think the Dolphins coming to TN will be a fun game.

See how we do vs the Wild Cat.

8. Loqitar10

Loqitar10 Camp Fodder

Hmmm, sorry, but that's really not in there. Me thinks you interposed your own perceptions. He did say Vince needs a strong camp for the sake of his career, but that's far from saying he'll fall to three on the depth chart. I think everyone thinks this is a cross-roads season for Vince, especially as it relates to his tenure in TN. However, IMHO, Ramsey is not a better QB than Young, even at the level VY played in 2007, nevermind what he'll be capable of after this off-season's prep.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Like I said, I read between the lines so, yeah, it's my perceptions.

Why would he say Young needs a good camp if it isn't to secure the #2 spot?

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I initially think to see how he does in Heimi's system with more time working in it. How he does maturity wise and making decisions in the game.

I think it's a very important camp/pre-season for Vince because that will strongly influence our QB strategy after this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar