interesting take on the QBs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I was looking at Walter Football's mock draft earlier this morning, and they had an interesting take on the QBs in their latest mock. For the record, draftcountdown.com is my favorite mock site, but they have not updated since the Senior Bowl. Anyways, here's how they have the top 6 QBs going...

Blaine Gabbert #8 to the Titans
    Cam Newton #15 to Miami
    Colin Kaepernick #34 to Buffalo (rising much like Tebow did)
    Christian Ponder #45 to the 49ers ( I agree 100% with this pick, fits Harbaugh perfectly)
    Ryan Mallett #66 to the Bengals (drops due to character issues)
    Jake Locker #69 to Arizona (drops due to mechanics and accuracy)

I don't know if I see Locker sliding to round 3 or not, but I could see it happening to Mallett. He has no mobility, a slow release, and major character issues. Locker's stock is dropping faster then Clausen's did last year. I agree that Ponder won't make it into the 3rd either. I hadn't thought about San Fran taking him, but now that I do, it makes perfect since. He is a smart, athletic, accurate QB that would fit perfect in Harbaugh's offense. As far as Gabbert, if he is there I don't see the Titans passing. Whether that is the right move or not will be debated many times between now and the draft, and the months/years after. Personally I would rather take the best defensive player at 8 and take Ponder in round 2.

Note: For the record, here is how I rank the QBs in this draft on my board:
    1. Gabbert
    2. Ponder

I have zero interest in Newton in round 1 or Kaepernick in round 2. Mallett has too many character concerns or he would be at the top of that list. Locker needed to step up at the Senior Bowl and couldn't. If he could not step up there with his future on the line, I do not want to trust him to step up with our franchise on the line.

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Good post. I really do not think that any QB in the draft is worthy of a top ten (or top twenty, for that matter) pick, so I hope we go D early, and pick up someone like a Ponder in round two (if still there), or Locker in round three (if still there). If none of these work out I say we cut our losses, build the rest of the team, and sample the FA market (which we will have to do anyway, regardless of how we draft here).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

In this scenario we're the dopes, fantastic! Good thing it's just a mock and don't mean crap. At least he gives us Gabbert and not Newton.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Interesting take on QBs.

Not a huge fan on Walterfootball. My favorite sites are draftek and draftcountdown.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree..I'm not a fan of Walter Football either, just thought it was interesting to finally see someone rank Ponder ahead of Locker and Mallett. Mallett I have had completely off my board for a few weeks because of the character issues that are coming to light.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If this is anywhere close to being accurate then we should definitely get Ponder in round 2.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gabbert is NOT an NFL quarterback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar