Interesting Read - Endangered Species

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 2, 2013.

?
  1. Die out / Die out

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Die out / Live on

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Live on / Die out

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Live on / Live on

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Its a long article, I didn't read it all but I definitely had a glance through it.

It first talks about the 'apprentice QB' - what Rodgers essentially is and what Locker was supposed to be. I'm torn with this as I really like what I've seen from Jake so far, but it is still only four games and lots remain to be seen. I like the idea of learning for a couple years, but then again, just take a look around at all the young gunslingers and play makers out there. I think there is a lot of truth to this going out. The pro sport just keeps moving towards NCAA so the transition is really quick now.

Another breed if you will was the 'hard hitting safeties.' I'm sure the NFL will continue to ****ify itself but Pollard was BORN for Gregg's scheme. There are a lot of factors to why our D is playing so well (TOP, lot of new players in general, no TO's on the O, etc...), but through a quarter of the season the impact of Williams and Pollard has been HUGE. I guess the NFL can keep changing so you can never know, but in the right scheme a hard-hitting S can do wonders.

Link - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...cket-qbs-hard-hitting-safeties-kick-returners

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I sure hope hard hitting safety's dont die out. I loved watching Roy Williams, Blaine Bishop, and now Bernard Pollard lay the wood.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I do not think the pocket passer goes away. The best QBs in the NFL are still pocket passers. The main reason I do not think they go away is because of reduced injury risk and longevity.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Sadly I think both die out when neither shouldn't. In most cases you want your franchise to sit a QB for a year or two, especially if you don't have the pieces around him yet to be a real contender. If you spend a top pick on a QB, wait a year or two, and spend those other high picks building your talent level then by the time the QB is ready to start then you should be in good shape. At least, that's how I would want it to play out. If you're a good team who fell into a top QB in the draft then go ahead and throw him out there.

Hard hitting is going to gradually go away, from any position. Today you can't even have a violent hit without the talks of fines coming up. Wish there were more players like Pollard, would rather have a defense with talent and attitude over a spread offense any day.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The first and last choice on the survey are the same. I am confused.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Where's the live on/live on choice. I choose that one. Look at what those "rookie sensations" are doing now. Kaep: garbage, Cam: average, RG3: garbage, Wilson: average, and Luck: slightly above average. They have their one gimmick season then defenses learn how to play against them. I'd rather have the guy that sits and learns and becomes very consistent and smart, than the guy who comes in lights it up for a year then drifts off into oblivion.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I think one is supposed to be live on/live on

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

^ my bad Milwaukee Titans, didn't see you posted live on/ live on

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

That's my bad guys, the first or last should be 'Live on / Live on' - I can't change it, can a mod do anything about that? there are no votes yet to the first chioce, perhaps that could be 'Live on / Live on.'

If your going to be changing the poll, can the question be changed to: For the two highlighted 'species' in my post, will they live on or die out?

--

Again my bad guys, thread start fail...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Both go on.

As far as hard-hitting safeties go, there will always be guys who are less athletic and make their money knocking someone's teeth out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar