Interesting Kendall Wright stat....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

but they all like each other and are buddies and stuff - except baby Matthews, they all keep their wallet in their front pocket when hes around

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Are you kidding me? That's how you end up like the old Detroit Lions! If there is a player at a need position around the slot you're picking, that's the pick you make, if not then you go BPA. But to be fair, I think the Titans current problem is how they define a position of need to begin with...

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He is a 20th pick and averages 7 yards catch! When you draft a guy 20th you want Torrey Smith or Hakeem Nicks not that!

And everybody says to leave him alone he is just a rookie. Ok so why is he starting then? We have a solid 3rd year WR in Williams riding the bench.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some of you must have reading disabilities. I didn't damn the guy for all time. He is starting on the outside for an nfl team we expect a 1st rd pick to do more.

Torrey Smith had 50 catches for over 800 yards last year as a rookie for a 16.8 average. Isn't that the kind of guy you normally want with the 20th pick?

Keeping in mind we passed on a boatload of defensive talent that was available in this draft. We passed on Hightower, Jones, Branch to draft a punch and judy(Look up the term) WR?:shakehead:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Smith has Rice to keep the D honest. Wright has no one to help him.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'll admit i'm/we're wrong if at the end of the year his stats still suck. Until then.. give it time.

Torrey Smith didn't even have a catch until Week 3 (then he dominated for 152 yards, 3 TDs vs the Rams) and next week had 1 catch for 1 yard.. didn't have 100 yards again until Week 10 (although his YPC was very high).
    Hakeem Nicks had 7 catches for 121 yards in his first 3 weeks.

Kendall has 14 catches already, just hasn't broke a big one. It takes one big play and his YPC will be at 10+ YPC. We're trying to get him the ball in screens and he's making a rookie mistake and not waiting for his blocks. In college he could take off right away, and was faster than everyone. In the NFL everyone is much faster and he can't rely on that anymore.. gotta get some blockers.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'll give you that. I would of much rather had a DE or DeCastro, both bigger needs. Especially because we already have Britt, Cook, Nate, and Damian (who looked good last year). If we wanted a speedy screen receiver we could of gotten TY Hilton in the 3rd. But, we took Kendall and now I'm just hoping for the best.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's far too early to make any kind of educated judgement of Wright.

The Titans are using the short passing game to replace their run game. I expect that trend to continue.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I was shocked by the draft pick because IMO WR was not a need area and Wright was not near the top of my board of BPA. Hightower was BPA on my board.

Although his YPC is low, their is no denying that he is being productive and helping the offense which I can't complain about. Sure I would love to have a Calvin Johnson out there, but that is not Kendall Wright. If Wright could produce like Welker for his career then it would be considered a good draft pick in my opinion.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How can people complain about Kendall Wright who has been one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal season so far?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar