Interesting Kendall Wright stat....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

It also looks like O. CJ is averaging much more than CJ.CJ yards a carry.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right now Craig Stevens has more receiving yards than Wright with a ypc over 2X higher. And that despite the fact he got screwed out of catch. If Wright is a play maker than Stevens must be the stud of all play makers.

Wright is a starting WR for an NFL team that is 10th in the league in passing yards! Come on man!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not just the plays you make but the plays you might not make that indicates something special and dynamic is going on here.

Have we seen Wright getting significant separation on defenders? Have we seen him open deep a few times but we were unable to get the ball to him? Any signs that he has legit deep speed?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Check out this guy, a real stud play maker. At Fresno State he was known as "the freak".

College highlight videos against horrible, ole defenses in the big 12 with an elite QB throwing you the ball doesn't cut it any longer. This is not the big 12.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The whole Titans' passing offense is built around a 5 step drop and getting the ball out on time. They have asked Wright to run a bunch of short routes and screens. The kid is a rookie. Way too soon to be freaking out about his YPC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. rodgev

rodgev Starter

If he is patient today he will take one of those bubble screens to the house, he just moves before the blocks get set up

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm wondering how long we can get away with those plays...

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You lost me at "Fresno State"....

That team had to be the worst football team in like 30 years.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well that is definitely true of today.

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

From a very recent post I just did in the 'Kenny Britt not playing today' Thread:

People who hated on Wright for his strait line speed I didn't pay attention to, I understand 'football fast' is not measured with a beeber. Hold aside the dropped passes till later (b/c they seem to be a reoccurring thing as it is) but he doesn't get separation like I thought he would.

If you watch elite receivers today they create windows for their QBs (Britt would do the same the times he's actually played). Whether that means 'finding a hole / sitting in the zone' or ' (legally) bumpin off a DB' while against 'man' running your route - they do it well and they do it regularly. Often for 'little WRs' because they can't really 'bump off' like bigger guys to get separation, its 'naturally' replaced with crisper routes (lower hips) and faster acceleration (quicker feet).

Now its still very early in his career but I'm worried he doesn't have the 'natural' abilities. And for what its worth against NFL defenses so far he doesn't 'look that fast' either - be it in an open field play, on a screen, or against man coverage....

All those college stats you here about, were they in large part due to him being a mainstay with RG3 and that crazy Baylor offense or is he a Stud just still getting used to life here? I really hope he proves me wrong, but I'm definitely worried.

I've been quiet on Wright and I won't label him as anything yet, still way to early, but this is I think a cause for concern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar