Interesting comments from Wyatt today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

If we wait and cut him at the end of camp next year, don't we get more cap room, like $6M?

And just because we only save $4M by cutting him doesn't excuse his $hi++y play this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

No, the 8 million is moot. No matter what happens, he has a 4 million cap it next year for us. Next year he will cost us 4 million or we save 4 million. Is the 4 million cap savings worth our RB to be Shonn Greene and a mid round pick or guaranteed at least 1100 yards, playing all 16 games and 2-3 fumbles? We know how good we are at drafting rbs...plus how important injuries are. Look how great the Jags, Bucs, Vikings, Falcons, Bills, Texans, Ravens were this year without their starting RB for most or all of the year. RB get hurt a lot. As well as how much better the Cowboys and Chargers were with Matthews or Murray. Fitz or Locker will not lead us into the playoffs without a solid running attack. I don't want to risk our season on a rookie RB. We need to learn to use CJ better and improve our run blocking and CJ needs to learn to run as hard as he did in the last game, every game. That is worth 4 million dollars, cutting him is not.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He counts 4 mill. against the cap whether he's here or not....where is this information at?

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

overthecap.com He has 4 million in dead cap space.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

yes the TItans will be better off without the microRB
    The Titans are designed too have a RB that weighs as much as an OLB, not a CB

:cj: is 'inconsistent' in his production. From play to play, game to game. He positevly affected the Lamb game and ruined the season by throwing the tarpkitty game in Nashville.

anyone who thinks the Titans are better with a 180 pound RB is, in the words of McAuliffe, 'Nuts!'

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Another reason why Munch is being questioned and possible fired. Like, Fisher, we wont change his system to fit his best players. Also why the eagles are in the playoffs. They are not running Chip Kelly's offense. but he changed what he needed to win games. Why munch wont use his best players and continue to try and push a square peg into a round hole is beyond me. He needs to learn from his peers to keep his job.

People continue to say we are better off and just stating stats. And then later state that stats don't matter. How exactly are we better off? Explain along with how we replace what we miss from him: 16 games, 1100 yards, 11 TD, and 2-3 fumbles.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports Follow
    For starters, Munchak should say he wants to make Gregg Williams his DC in place of Jerry Gray. Other changes may be necessary too #Titans

If he can't do even that, then he's we've got no hope...

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I heard that you are not allowed to interview coordinators from other teams if they are in the playoffs, is there any truth to that? (Can you not even line them up or show that you are interested in them either?) B/c if so, keeping Munch for now seems right. I didn't really want those ex-HC that were available (i.e. Lovie, etc...), I wanted some new young blood.

Personally, the two guys I really like happen to both be defensive minds (Zimmer and Vic F), which is quite troubling is you ask me. I like Williams and the team has responded to his style and scheme adjustments (although it was quite obvious at times during the season, it was Gray calling the shots with GW advising. Giving him full power moving forward seems like the obvious correct choice).

Are there any good OC part of playoff teams that deserve HC consideration? And if so, do you guys think that it will be too late for them to make good hires for their staff if we get them?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you can if they are in a bye week, otherwise you can't.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

With this line thats a miracle he got to a 1000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar