Interesting comments from Wyatt today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some interesting stuff from Wyatt on The Zone this afternoon. A few comments...

Believes Munch deserves one more year.

Said replacing CJ not as easy as many think. Greene didn't impress (though hurt much of the season). Titans have had a string of RBs (C. Henry, White, Harper, etc.) that didn't work out.

Hasselbeck being released was Bud wanting to spend less for a #2 QB.

Doesn't think Verner will be signed with Sensabaugh and Wreh-Wilson on the roster.

Missed some of it so, if others listened, please add to this.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I thought Wyatt wanted Munch out?

Disagree. Our past with a position shouldn't dictate what we do now.

Unfortunately thought of this too. Wilson could be the real deal and Coty is a solid player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I like Sensabaugh as a nickel corner, but the jury is out on BW-W. Do we really trust him to take over for a pro bowler?

As for those busted rbs, did Ruston draft any of them? The only one he might have is Harper, but I truston Ruston to find us good players in the draft and rbs are a dime a dozen.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

said we would have won more games with hasselbeck.

soft soft media.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

he is probably right on hasselback.

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Don't do anything differently, keep the HC and RB, throw in some love for Hasselbeck and boom!.....we have our segment with Jim Wyatt.

Those are the same opinions he's had at the end of the year for the past four years. Except replace Hasselbeck with Collins for 2010 and 2011.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Hurts to think that Hasselbeck probably would've got us a couple more wins but its true.We had a few one possession games where Fitztragic turned the ball over with the game on the line.I think this happened at least four times and i'm betting Hasselbeck would've pulled us to victory in two of those.Sorry but after watching Fitz i think the guy is terrible.Even when he gets hot most of the time he will commit a turnover at the most critical times.

Saving a few million bucks possibly cost us a playoff berth.After all if the player is a good backup you might as well keep the guy instead of going with someone else just to save a couple million especially in regards to QB's.Fitz was a terrible choice and i hope they cut him before next season.

8. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Re signing Verner should be a top priority imo.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hasselbeck wouldn't have won us any of those games. He can barely throw the ball 20 yards with any zip on it. You also don't play the what if game with back up QBs.

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree, Verner has developed in to a nice DB for us and we cannot just let him walk! I also would not put it past us to let him walk either. I did hear on espn ny listening to my radio that Verner wants to test FA Market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar