Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vnomus2, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Alex Smith has won 2 or 3 games I think.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

In all fairness, Pacman was the only elite cornerback in the draft. Rolle was a solid player who many questioned at CB (Safety move was a posibility). Pacman is a boom or bust, we just have to hope for the former.

3. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I'm curious, how did Michael Roos' name get thrown into this? All he has done is start every game he possibly could. Has he had a lot of false starts? Has he been beaten for a lot of sacks? Does he suck in the run game? As far as I can tell the only thing he is guilty of is being a second rd pick from a small school. The guy is a good young player, and may be our best offensive lineman.

The draft is a crap shoot, we all usually agree on that. I can't sit here and defend all of Floyd's choices, but to throw darts at Floyd while excluding great draft picks like Jevon, Eddie, Steve, Dmase, Bulluck, Rolle, Sirmon, Robaire, add a name... and good picks like Carlos Hall, Donald Mitchell, Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, Jacob Bell, Michael Roos, is not fair. The collective bargaining agreement and the included salary cap are the reasons that are team is on the decline. Floyd got plenty of praise when we were winning and Drew and Billy were not looked at as starters. Jeff too was the center of many accolades when we were 13-3.

Chris Landry sucks. Did I say that earlier? :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

4. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

And Landry's point that the team didn't do it's homework on Pacman is both ridiculous and inflammatory. A more correct statement would be that the Titans gambled on Pacman and so far have been embarrassed by some of his off-field behavior.

The Titans knew about Jones' behavioral problems, just like the Cowboys, Eagles, and Ravens knew about T.O.'s problems. Just like the Redskins knew about Sean Taylor's problems. We took a gamble on Pac, and why not? He is an elite corner in the making. He is all heart. If his immeasurable passion is channeled in the proper direction he is a future All-Pro. Other than not knowing when to back down (which is a desirable characteristic
    to have in a CB) just what is so bad about Pacman Jones?

Do you guys think I'm pissed over Landry's comments or what???:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar