Interesting Article

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vnomus2, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

please.

McNair, Rolle, Mason, George, Robinson, Walker, Kearse, A. Dyson, Smith, Bishop, Robinson, and a whole bunch more were drafted, mostly by Reese.

Schulters and Godfrey were the only Free Agents acquisitions who made a difference.

2. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Landry has been saying the same thing on ESPN radio

I listen to ESPN radio late night and Landry has been on Reese since back in June.

I wonder under what circumstances Landry left the Titans. His comments lead me to believe he did not leave with good feelings about Reese. He places all the blame on Reese and gives Jeff high praise.

I do believe Reese was his boss here.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Aw, jeez....
    So, why, he should wonder, did Lienart fall so hard and fast in the draft?

Um...COULD IT BE....because Lienart really has no outstanding skills? That he's just a plain old pocket passer, and that's all he will ever be?

Hey, didn't we JUST LAST WEEK demote one of those to #3? One who actually has set some records?

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I agree on his assessment regarding the draft, our drafts since 2000 have truly been aweful. Spending second round picks on guys like Michael Roos, Shad Meier, etc, bypassing established college studs in the process, is clearly one of the key factors of our demise. I don't know if it's true that the FO and the SD are not well respected around the league though...

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

I call sour grapes!!!

Chris Landry is a sorry blowhard. He is full of crap. I don't believe him.

He constantly hates on the Titans, especially Floyd Reese. I love the comment about how Tennessee scouts aren't respected around the league. He was a Tennesse scout. Just tell me that nobody respects C.O. Bracato. This guy is full up on haterade. Boo Chris Landry, You Suck.

Landry can kiss my :moon2: :moon2: :moon2:

Real cheap to kick somebody when they are down. Where was his "expert" opinion when the Titans were winning? Landry sucks.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Meier wasn't a 2nd round pick.

And it is easy to be critical when its all said and done.

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I know, but my point is Reese reaches a lot in drafts. Meier was not rated high by anybody that year, and he passed on bigger needs to draft a 3rd string TE.

And being critical is necessary when your team hasn't had a good draft in 6 years and is on a fast track to an 0-16 season and is being called the worst team in the league after 1 loss...

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

sounds like your just a pessimist. And not a good fan anyway.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so Gunny, you think the Titans drafts have been good ones? Meier was a reach even for a team that uses the TE's. Shad even said he was surprised that he was drafted that high..what does that tell you.

The coaches can only do so much. You need to draft a much touted college OL player ever now and then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar