Insomnia - or atleast i think it is.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PitBull, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

i have tried it...but i have weird sleep issues and when i would wake up, it would be off of me. i have a phobia of things on me when i sleep. i tried it for about two weeks to see if i could get used to it, but never did.

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Try reading Stephen King's Insomnia. Should clear things right up...:evil:

Seriously, I have this problem every once in a while. I've found Melatonin works pretty well. Only take one pill, though. The first time I tried it, I didn't think it was working fast enough, so I downed two more pills. For the next 24 hours, even when I was awake I was asleep.

Usually, when I can't sleep it's because my mind is racing. So, I focus on one thing - my golf swing. I visualize every step of my swing and the shot. I'll go through every club sometimes, but it works.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I agree with everything you say except the 90% number. I take something to help me sleep, but extensive past experience tells me that if I don't take something, I'll sleep like crap about 60% - 70% of the time.

No doubt that a lot of folks take meds they don't actually need 100% of the time just as a precaution. If the meds have no side effects and the cost is insignificant, though, what's the harm?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How many don't have side effects though?

"Do you have trouble sleeping? Ask your doctor if Nephlextin is for you. Side effects may include, but are not limited to: Arms growing out of your face, causing abortions by touch, anal seepage, cancer, and death."

5. Tuckfro42

Mmmm... anal seepage.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Those disclaimers crack me up too, but they're just indicative of how lawyer happy our society has become. One granny gets a little anal seepage and next thing you know the whole country is hearing about it. :lol:

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I have insomnia, but with my work schedule, it's not a big deal. If I don't take anything, I will fall asleep after midnight and wake up around 4 or 5 am. During the day, when all gets quiet, I will fall asleep while lounging around on the couch, watching television. Until the time change and it being dark outside, I'd go for a long walk around the entire neighborhood, come home, shower then go back to sleep. However, if I take a sleep aid, I will get a sound, uninterrupted sleep throughout the night.

I've tried several things like exercising in the morning, no caffeine and even sex before I sleep. The pre-sleep sex backfires, I could run a marathon after.:hmm:

Everything can have a negative side effect, even food. Peanuts can kill some people due to allergy. French fries can cause plaque to build up in your arteries and cause a heart attack or stroke. Fresh salads or warm coffee can increase the peristalsis of your stomach and give you the bubble guts!:ha:

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't think you understand what Insomnia is. If you have it, you don't just fall asleep for 4-6 hrs. Sounds like you just have an odd schedule.
    That's the problem with Americans. We see the slightest trait of something- diagnose ourselves and end up taking medication when we need none of it.

9. Tuckfro42

Really? Have you done extensive studies in other countries charting their propensity for taking unneeded medication? I wonder if people in Zimbabwe sit around saying, "That's the problem with Zimbabweans," then spout some over-generalized dribble based on what they've seen or heard from some of their fellow countrymen. Quit trying to sound smarter than you actually are. (I'm not saying you aren't smart, just that you are using faulty generalizations to come across as superior.)

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Plus everyone knows the problem with Zimbabweans is presidential.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar