Inside the NFL on Young, CJ and Fisher

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

To answer the question about VY's contract, it's just something that was written into his contract. A lot of high picks get a bonus just for still being on the team for year "x". Typically their contract year. Pacman had it. Vince has it and will be owed a overhyped check sometime next year. It won't affect whether he stays or goes. It's having to figure out what he gets paid in his extension that is the roadblock. Because some teams refuse to touch the luxury tax threshold and I believe Vince is making $15m next year.

Needless to say, Bud Adams loves him and if he wants to be in Tennessee, it will be worked out. More than likely for half of what he makes next season.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I see Vince as our starter next season and the money he makes will be more than enough. I'm not worried about the $green$ side of that, I'm more worried about what we do with Fisher. Should he stay or should he go?

Dallas will be all over him the second we fire him. They deserve each other.

3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

THIS is one thing I never want to see....I do not want Fisher going to Dallas, I hate the Cowboys enough as it is, would hate them with a passion if this happens.

BUT if it did, and somehow it was Cowboys vs. Titans in the Superbowl....god Id hope we'd stomp all over them.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'd have to look at the cba and see what happens if you cut a player in an upcapped year. I highly doubt you wouldn't be able to cut a guy, so not sure how Lombardi can say they HAVE to pay him.

Gut

5. Big Time Titan

Yeah, but can you imagine how much worse the Cowboys will suck under Fishbag's Fisherball regime? I'm talking about ultimate suckage. Like I said, it'd be a match made in heaven. An even crazier owner in Jerry Jones, a douchey coach in Fishbag, and a team full of douchey disciples. Cowboys would think that they got over on us by getting Fish, but they'd be the ones getting the raw deal.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There was an earlier thread a few weeks ago asking how many wins will keep Fisher in Tennessee, and I said 3. Well he's gotten those 3, and my guess is he stays. Sucks too, really sucks actually. But maybe this was the slip up that fixed his head. Dallas is still a ways away from happening.

7. Big Time Titan

It does suck. And it makes me sick that Vince is gonna be the one who saves Fish's job when he essentially tried to get Vince fired. And now he's acting like nothing ever happened. Vince really is playing this all very well. He could easily complain about Fish and put him on blast like Cutler would do but he's saying all the right things and acting like the bigger man about this.

Fisher was wrong about Vince. He underestimated Vince greatly and at the same time gave KFC too much credit for our 13-3 record than we was actually deserving of. And all season long our opponents exposed KFC as the old, immobile, inconsistent QB that he has been the past few years as he career is nearing an end. They brought the heat on us from jump street in the Pittsburgh game and everybody just followed suit.

All they had to do was bring the rush and KFC would throw it away. I mean come on, Run, Run, Pass, Punt is just not gonna get it done.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Injuries & luck. Lots of luck. You know what they say out in Vegas... I'd rather be lucky than good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar